Chapter 27 - Moment of Truth

Within the dilapidated interior of a decaying warehouse in District 19, a large man sat on his desk, fingers currently holding some small gadget.
His large hands could cover a man's hand and looked like they could crush one casually. His imposing stature loomed over the sole boy who sat in front of him.  He looked to be no older than 15, and compared to the other punks in the group he looked as if he didn't belong in a brutal, bloody world like this. A novice, so to speak in the eyes of the veterans.

Quivering in fear of the bearlike man he looked around. Scanning for anyone who was with them in the old office-like room.
There seemed to be some sort of shadowy presence in one of the corners of the room. The boy looked away, feeling danger run through and around his skin.

"S-So uh-"

"Shhhhhhhh... not yet," the man said. The youth wisely kept his mouth shut until the man finished watching the video.

"So uh, d-do you have a plan f-for this sir?"

"Yes. Indeed the resistance we'll face off against in the future will be rather troublesome. But rest assured, you and your friends will be taken care of. I promise." The man's voice, as scary as it is, held a smooth, almost paternal tone. It visibly calmed the youth's nerves, making him less scared.

"O-Oh yeah? Well, that's a big relief! Thanks!"

"Do not mention it. Now go back to the others and await for my instructions." With a wave of his hand the messenger boy left the room. As the door closes the shadow in the corner shifted.

"Not yet, Prowler. When the time is right, pounce immediately. But today is not that day."

If he had to wait until even next year for his plan to come about then so be it.

Patience. A virtue he valued amongst all else. And it was thanks to his patience that he managed to end up here. Perhaps the living arrangements were rather questionable but in the world below the light you make do with what you get.

However, he hoped he wouldn't have to wait 3 more years. The man had a limit after all.

"We play our cards right, and the filth of this city will never have to crawl back ever again. It takes a vision, and a will, to see it through."

"That bug is gonna be tough to get rid of."

"Patience, Prowler. Patience. The time will come.

After all, I didn't certainly earn my title from back home for being reckless."

-

"So we write this one off as a hangout gone bad then?"

"Yeah pretty much. They all said the same thing, they had an argument which turned sour and they went to town with one another. Seemed their stories checked out, most of them are from SkillOut groups."

"Really which one? Cuz those guys," Kuroko said the last line with slight venom, "just can't seem to recognize restraint and discipline."

"I believe you're a bit harsh on them. Sure most of them probably forgot that going out and "assaulting people in the name of Level 0 support and safety" isn't cutting it for most people, but I've known some of my friends who were involved in some of them and they try to keep a low profile and not cause chaos."

"I understand Katsu. Perhaps I was a bit too judgemental. Still, we can't ignore that some SkillOut's actions very much go against their supposed goals. I can't speak so much for the rest but we have to keep our minds mostly free of biases. Ok?"

Katsu nodded in agreement. "Yeah I understand. I'm just saying. You know.  Well anyway, their stories match up, and we got some uninvolved civilians in there as well. Who knows what could've happened had we been too late. Good thing you came in before us."