7

"Well, then tell me what else it could be," Sam exclaims to Dean, who rolls his eyes with a glare.

You watch Bobby, sitting at his desk with a pile of books in front of him. He reads and reads, so fast it's almost inhuman. You listen to the two boys arguing, as does Bobby who looks up from his book to shoot you a tired look.

"Look, all I know is that I was not groped by an angel!" Dean shouts back. You raise your hands in surrender, not reacting to his outburst.

"Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?"

"Maybe he's some kind of demon," Dean tries, looking between Sam and you, who he notices is watching him and his brother, "Demons lie." He justifies himself.  Bobby puts his book down.

"Never heard of a demon that's immune to salt rounds, devils traps, and magic knives, a bunch of protective symbols," you speak up, shooting Dean a shrug.

"Dean, even Lilith is scared of that knife!" Sam reminds him.

"Never met a demon who could make someone fall asleep," you add plainly.

Dean groans in frustration and disbelief, "Don't you think that if angels were real, that some hunter somewhere would have seen one... at some point... ever?"

"Three of us just did," you tell him, "shit, I've been seeing him for months now in my dreams - I just didn't know it."

Dean shoots you a slightly concerned look before turning back to Sam, "I'm trying to come up with a theory here. Okay?" He adds, "Work with me."

"Dean, we have a theory," Sam states.

"A pretty good one," you add.

"Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please," Dean says to you.

"What's wrong with fairy dust?"

"Okay, look," Sam announces, "I'm not saying we know for sure. I'm just-"

"See! That's the point. We don't know for sure," Dean cuts him off, pointing to his brother, "so I'm not gonna believe that this thing is a freaking Angel of the Lord just because it says so!"

"You three chuckleheads want to keep arguing religion, or do you want to come and take a look at this?" Bobby calls from the next room. You laugh, standing and heading over to him with the boys.

"What did you find?" You ask him, standing by his desk.

"Stacks of lore," he begins, gesturing to the piles of books, "Biblical, pre-Biblical. Some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit."

"What else?" Dean asks. There's a pause.

"What do you mean what else?" You give him an incredulous look, "Is that not enough?"

Dean reiterates, "What else could do it?"

"Airlift your ass out of the hot box?" Bobby sighs, "As far as I can tell, nothing."

"An angel?" You state, shaking your head at Bobby, "They can do just about anything, I assume."

"How do you know?" Sam wonders genuinely.

"I was taught," you remind them, "you know, my mom was religious."

"Oh, right," Dean cringes comically, "where's your 'I survived Catholic School' crop top?"

You narrow your eyes at him, giving him a sour look, "Why? You wanna borrow it?" His lips part and his face falls, unsure of how to respond. You continue, "Now, shut up and listen. In the bible, Angels would do things on Gods behalf. They'd pretty much just go around protecting people, healing them, and fighting for him as far as I remember. They were seen as messengers and... soldiers, I guess."