20

"Dean? Dean!" Bobby shouts.

He isn't listening. He's staring outside of the window, the sun hurts his eyes. He watches you, crushing out a cigarette as you sit next to the Impala. Sams gone, you have no idea where he is either. He could be anywhere; Kansas or halfway to Lilith by now.

"You listen to a word I said?" He keeps trying.

He sucks in a breath, his eyes stale and numb, "Yeah, I heard you. I'm not calling him."

Bobby narrows his eyes, "Don't make me get my gun, boy."

Dean turns to Bobby, eyebrows slightly raised, "We are damn near kickoff for Armageddon, don't you think we got bigger fish at the moment?"

"I know you're pissed. And I'm not making apologies for what he's done, but he's your-"

"Blood? He's my blood, is that what you were gonna say?" Dean cuts him off, giving him a frown.

"He's your brother. And he's drowning."

"Bobby, I tried to help him, I did," Dean whispers, his voice so close to breaking, "Look what happened."

"So try again."

"It's too late."

"There's no such thing."

"No, damnit! No! I gotta face the facts. Sam never wanted part of this family. He hated this life growing up. Ran away to Stanford first chance he got. Now it's like déjà vu all over again." Dean sits solemnly, "Well, I am sick and tired of chasing him. Screw him, he can do what he wants."

Bobby pauses, "You don't mean that."

"Yes I do, Bobby," Dean responds, "Sam's gone. He's gone. I'm not even sure if he's still my brother anymore. If he ever was."

Bobby turns and leans on the table, fuming. After a moment he makes a big angry sweep with his hands, tossing books and papers to the ground. He advances on Dean, who stands bravely. You cower a little, watching from the doorway.

"You stupid, stupid son of a bitch!" Bobby shouts, "Well, boo hoo! I am so sorry your feelings are hurt, princess! Are you under the impression that family's supposed to make you feel good?! Make you an apple pie, maybe? They're supposed to make you miserable! That's why they're family!"

"I told him, 'you walk out that door, don't come back' and he walked out anyway! That was his choice!"

"You sound like a whiny brat! No - you sound like your dad. Well, let me tell you something. Your dad was a coward."

"Bobby..." you mumble from the doorway, knowing where he's going to take he argument. He glances at you but Dean doesn't take his eyes off of Bobby.

"My dad was a lot of things but a coward?"

"He'd rather push Sam away than reach out to him," Bobby answers, "Well, that don't strike me as brave. You are a better man than your daddy ever was. So you do both of us a favour: don't be him."

"Y/N," you hear, feeling a hand on your shoulder. Gasping, you look up to see Castiel. He stands beside you, towering over you with an expectant look. The room has totally changed.

"N-No, Cas - I can't leave, Sams..." You whimper quietly, feeling his hand gently slip from your shoulder and down to your waist, "C-Cas?"

"Yes?"

"What am I- Where's Dean and Bobby?"

"Bobby is in his home," Castiel answers truthfully, "no doubt wondering where you've gone to. Dean is here too, in a room down the hall, where Zachariah is speaking to him - as I speak to you. It's nearly time," he responds, voice quiet and calm.