19

The air in the field is fresh, smelling of sweet flowers and grass. It's familiar, you've been here before and you instantly remember falling asleep. It's sunny too, the warmth upon your skin calms you as you lay upon the grass.

Turning your head to the person beside you, your face falls slightly, "I'm dreaming."

"Yes," Castiel nods, laying in the same place you remember Dean did - in some distant dream he conjured for you long ago.

"Why?"

"I need to talk to you."

"Why should I listen?" You sigh, admiring how the sun lights up his blue eyes, even in your dream. "Last time I saw you, Dean was half dead."

He wishes he could stay.

"It isn't safe here anywhere else," he admits to you, "someone could be listening to us. Even here, I'm not so sure we can speak to one another."

"What? Who's listening, Cas?" You ask, a sudden fear entering your chest, "What's going on?"

"I can't explain it right now. There's really no time," Castiel places his hand upon your cheek, two fingers against your temple.

You suck a breath in, reaching for him, "Cas."

"Meet me here, Y/N. Please."

"Wait-"

Images of the place flash in your head, and you see a location handwritten on paper. Opening your eyes, you're met with the dark hotel room and a slight ringing in your ears.

"Wake up," you rise to your feet, flicking lights on and beginning to pack your stuff, "Up, now!"

"What? What's going on?" Dean exclaims, standing just the same.

"Castiel needs us."

You walk through the empty warehouse in the middle of the night, utterly on edge despite the gun in your hand and the Winchesters by your side.

"What did he say to you, Y/N?" Sam pipes up, looking around at a whole lot of nothing, "What was so important?"

"He couldn't say," you answer, "he said there was no time." Entering a large room, you all pause in your tracks. "Oh, god."

Sam's lips are parted, he looks around, "It looks like a bomb went off."

"There was a fight here," Dean notes, beginning to walk and scour through the room at the debris, "Angels."

He flashes his torch at the symbols on the wall, drawn in blood.

"That sends them back to heaven," you recall, adding nervously, "maybe Cas got caught in the crossfire."

"So, what? Cas was fighting Angels?" Sam tries the idea on his tongue, it doesn't seem right, "Has he finally gone dark side?"

"No, no," you frown, staring at a corner of the room, "if he's fighting Angels, it's for us."

A groan comes from the rubble and you all spring to action. In the corner, under the rubble, you spot a dirty suit and a hand reaching out for the light.

Dean leans over the man, pulling him up by his arms, "Cas!"

"What's... what's going on?" Castiel looks around, his lashes covered in dust and a deep, confused expression on his face. Dean pulls him to his feet, holding him steady.