14

"I don't know about this, Dean," you admit to him, seeing the car pull up in Bobby's driveway. You have an uneasy feeling that tugs at your chest. "Things didn't go exactly to plan last time."

"I know," he reassures you, placing a hand on your shoulder, "but we need to know more."

"Like this?" You refute, "I wonder if it'll make things worse."

"It's worth a shot," he gives you a shrug, "we have nothing else to go on here."

"Ready?" Pamela asks. Turning to the living room, you feel uneasy.

"Ready." Anna nods, sitting down on the couch and laying back.

"Nice and relaxed," Pam smiles down at her, "now, I'm going to count down from five to zero. When we're at zero, you'll be in a deep state of hypnosis. As I count down, just go deeper and deeper, okay."

5. You watch Anna take a deep breath. She looks calm and determined. 4. Dean stands beside you, hands idle at his side as he watches with anticipation. 3. Sam gives you a look, one filled with hope. 2. Anna's face falls. 1.

"Deep sleep," Pamela's voice is melodic and calm, "Every muscle calm and relaxed. Can you hear me?"

"I can hear you," Anna responds, her face expressionless and still. She even sounds different.

"Now, Anna, tell me," Pam continues, "How can you hear the angels? How did you work that spell?"

"I don't know. I just did."

You shoot Dean a look, unsure of the truth in Anna's answer. There must be more. "Your father... What's his name?"

"Rich Milton," Anna responds quickly.

"All right. But I want you to look further back," Pamela advises, "When you were very young - just a couple of years old."

"I don't want to," Anna mumbles, a look crossing her face.

"It'll be okay. Anna, just one look, that's all we need."

"No," she answers back, her tone far more stern now.

"What's your dad's name? Your real dad." Pamela pushes, "Why is he angry at you?"

"No," Anna's voice rises, her eyebrows are furrowed together in anguish when she screams loudly, "No! He's gonna kill me!"

Staring down at her, you can't help the shaking in your leg. She sounds utterly terrified.

"Anna, you're safe," Pamela reminds her gently - it doesn't work in calming her down one bit. When she screams again, the overhead lights shake and burst, raining down fragments of glass. You look at Sam, then Dean, giving them an unconvinced expression and a shake of your head. This needs to stop, now.

"Anna?" Dean calls out, walking towards her with a tender gaze.

"Dean, don't!" Pamela warns. Dean is thrown across the room, landing far from Anna.

"Dean!" Sam shouts, rushing up to his brother.

"Wake in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5!" Pamela announces quickly, "Anna... You all right?"

Sam helps Dean stand, he seems alright. Anna looks to Pam, "Thank you, Pamela. That helps a lot... I remember now."

"Remember what?" Sam asks once Dean stands on his own.

"Who I am," Anna clarifies.

"Who are you?" Dean wonders, pushing away the desire to walk to her once more.