Almost

(Roelynn's P.O.V.)
"No!" I yelled in anger as the man who took me reached for me so he could take me out of the car. "Stop" he told me with a harsh tone. I furrowed my eyebrows at him before kicking my leg out at his hand. "Fuck" he cursed and he pulled his hand back straight away when I had struck him with my foot. "You little brat" he said and once again reached for me. I moved but he was quicker and he now had a rough hold on the collar of my jacket. He pulled me towards him before picking me up. "No!" I yelled and hit his arm. But it didn't help, cause no matter how hard I tried hitting him. My punches were so weak you could compare them to a bunch of flies landing on your arm. You notice them but it doesn't hurt. I continued to
scream and yell so hard that my throat was starting to get sore. But I kept on doing it as I made myself fight through the pain. Maybe dad would be able to hear me if I could keep it up. I saw that he was walking us to a familiar building and I did not want to go there ever again. So I began to kick and hit even more than I had done previously. The man was annoyed as he had trouble with keeping me in his arm cause I was thrashing around so much. He needed to stop sometimes to position me better in his arms. "Quit fucking moving" he screamed into my face with annoyance. I wanted to get away from him so I did everything in my power to be let go. But he needed to make sure I didn't go anywhere so he kept a tight hold on me. Another scream left my throat when the man walked up to the door. He let go of me with one arm to reach for the doorknob. My flight and fight instinct went in full gear and I turned my head before biting down on the man's wrist. "Ah, you brat" he cursed while letting go and I took off running. The pebbles made that crunching noise when my feet connected to the ground. I ran past a couple of parked cars. Suddenly one of the car doors opened when I was about to run past it. But I didn't get far before the person, who got out of the car, grabbed a hold of me. "No!" I yelled in anger as I reached for the way to the main road. "daddy" I whispered. "Oh sweetie. Daddy isn't here" a familiar female voice whispered into my ear making me shiver in fear, "but don't worry. You have me". I turned my head to look at head nurse Angela. "Ms. Parker" the man who I had bitten said gaining both our attention. "Don't even start, Mr. Woods" she had replied with annoyance and anger in her voice as she glared at him. He immediately averted his eyes away from hers. "You're an absolute idiot. You almost lost her and you're not even in the building" Angela snapped at him while walking into the all-girls orphanage. I let out a small whimper when the door closed behind us. Angela put me down on the ground and quickly grabbed my wrist to prevent my second escape attempt. "Bite and that's the last thing you'll do" she warned me with a growl before pulling me through the hallway. The halls haven't changed a bit. The ugly paintings of the previous nuns of the orphanage were still hanging on the wall, all with the same stern facial expression. The old wooden tables with the same fake china vases with welted flowers on top were still standing perfectly alongside the walls. Even the same red and gold patterned rug was laying on the wooden floor. Angela opened a door and roughly pushed me inside the room before closing the door. I turned around and saw a bunch of the girls I knew from when I was in the orphanage. Some new faces aswell. But then Mia, Pauline and Ellie spotted me. "Well, look who got returned by the one she thought cared about her" Mia laughed with a chuckle. I bit my tongue and ignored her.

A day later

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I was in my office thinking about my plan. But something was wrong with it. My gut was telling me it wasn't the right move. Something told me to go meet someone first. I got up from my chair and walked to my car.

I arrived at the place where my gut wanted me to go first before I started my plan. I drove my car through the iron archway with the name of the place.

All-girls orphanage of Small Heath

I got out of the car and looked at the building where I first met Roe. I walked inside and my shoes clicked on the wooden planks towards Head Nurse Angela's office. Without knocking I barged into the room. "Mr Shelby I wasn't expecting you" she told me with a shaky voice. "Is Roelynn here?" I asked her as I calmly walked through the room. "Uhm, no. Little Roe is not here" she answered. When she said my little girl her name, I clenched my fist so hard that I was sure my knuckles turned white. I nodded my head unimpressed. "Alright" I said turning to face her and let out a cloud of smoke.

 "Alright" I said turning to face her and let out a cloud of smoke

"Just remember this, Ms. Parker. If Roe is here or if you are in anyway connected to her being taken away from me. I'll hunt you down and peel the skin off your bones while you beg for mercy then I'll disarticulate all your limbs and feed them to the dogs" I said walking closer and closer to her like a predator. My voice went lower and lower with every step I took and every word I spoke. My anger was fueling my mind. "I will give you more pain than you can imagine". I watched her gulp but she nodded. I turned around and walked out of her office. I walked through the hallway when I stopped in my tracks. My head turned to a different hallway where I thought a sound came from. I listened if I could hear the same sound again. But I couldn't hear it again. I turned my head back to the front door and continued my way outside.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
I had been taken to a seperate room as soon as Angela noticed daddy arrive. Her brother, the suit man, had taken me away and hid me away. But I had succesfully escaped his grip and ran towards daddy. Sadly before I could reach him, Mr Parker had caught me and pulled me into a different room. I was just able to make a sound and I could see dad's shadow stop for a moment. I desperstly wanted to make another sound. "Make a sound and I'll shoot him" Mr. Parker said aiming a gun at the shadow of my dad as he held a hand over my mouth. A single tear fell from my cheek as I saw the shadow dissapear. Almost, I was almost home.

Published: 30th of December 2021