Chapter 1 - Whaaaattttt?

"Y/N, you're late." You hear as you walk into you your office building. Sure, I'm late but I'm here, I'm awake, granted I don't want to be the latter you think to yourself. Mornings were not your strong suit. "There's a new case on your desk. A little girl named Daria, her mom was killed tragically last week. Her dad is some celebrity, he's in a musical.. Your brother's musical." your boss gave you the basic information. You were a social worker. You loved being able to ensure kids were in safe, happy, loving homes as tiring as the job may be. And the dad was in Hamilton huh? oh boy. "Has anyone contacted her father yet?" You ask with a sigh. "Actually I figured it was best to leave that to you. And one small problem." She says."Okay?" You question. "We can't find a foster family to take her for the night that doesn't know about the musical or recognize her last name. She'll be here in ten." Your boss said.

Y/N's POV :

"What? You volunteered me to foster a kid? I can't -.." I start but am cut off. "It's one night. Plus, she's part of your brother's family essentially which makes her yours. She's hamilfam." She shrugged. "Tina, please tell me you did not just say hamilfam." I chuckle lightly shaking my head. "I can only hold back how obsessed I am with Lin Manuel Miranda and his work for so long, Y/N." Tina laughs and walks away. I do have a pretty good supervisor, Tina was hilarious and good friend, even if on occasion she fan girls over my brother. That will never sound right in my head. Don't get me wrong, Lin is ridiculously talented, by what the hell.

Awhile later, Daria is dropped off and we're introduced. She's a sweet girl, and it's kinda funny based solely on her hair and eyes I know exactly who her father is without reading that part of the file. I take her back to my place, and I get her nice and comfy on the couch before retiring to my room to finish reading over the file. Daria Daniella Diggs, 10 years old. Her mother was killed in a hit and run about a week ago and according to her aunt, The father Daveed Diggs was never told of her existence. The reasoning was that Daria's mom Katy hadn't wanted to interrupt Daveed's budding career. I stand from my desk and go peak in on Daria, she's fast asleep.

Pulling out my phone, I quickly dial Lin and step back into my room. "Ah Hermanita.." Lin answers, as absolutely cheery and dorky as usual. (A/N: Hermanita means little sister) Gosh I love my brother and his energy. "Hey, Lin. Really short notice, but I have to come to the show tomorrow." I said, "Have to? what's going on y/n? Is it Justin? " Lin asks, his goofy tone quickly becoming concerned. Justin is my shitty abusive ex, who I'd called things off with a few months back. "No, no. It's for work. I'm fostering this girl for tonight, but her father is part of your cast." I quickly explained. "Wait what? who?" Lin asks. "Hold up," I said with a small laugh as I go and select a photo of her with her mom I'd had on my phone from earlier and sent it to Lin. "Holy.. She is a spitting image of him." Lin says taken aback by the resemblance. "Yeah, she literally looks just like him. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow." I said before hanging up. I look up, and there she was. "You know my dad?" Daria asked. "Sort of. I met him once or twice, he works with my brother." I said giving her a soft smile. "What's he like?" Daria asks taking a seat on the edge of my bed. Aww, she was clearly nervous. I think she's scared he won't want her. I will kill him myself if he does that to this sweet girl. "He's funny, and very talented, kind." I said with a smile, opting that it was too inappropriate to tell a ten year old girl I was fostering how attractive I think her dad is, but dear gods is Daveed Diggs attractive.

The next day comes, Lin told me I should arrive at least an hour before the show so there was time to introduce Daveed and Daria. We make our way into the theater, Daria was clutching onto my hand for dear life. This was probably the most support she's felt since losing her mother sadly. I walk her backstage, running into Lin rather quickly. "Hello, hello." He says greeting us both.

Daria's POV:

I held onto miss y/n's hand. I know it's silly because I just met her yesterday but I can feel that she cares. I assume this man talking to her is her brother. He'd introduced himself as Lin Manuel Miranda. I think I've heard that name before. I'd heard about the show in school, I had no clue my Dad was in it though. My mom never mentioned anything about my dad or told me he was in Hamilton. "You work with my dad?" I asked Lin, barely a whisper. "I do. In fact, let's take you to him." Lin responded and led the way to the dressing room my father was in. Lin had the same caring, bubly personality as y/n. Last night y/n ordered pizza after she finished her work and she stayed up watching Disney movies with me until I ultimately fell asleep. I've never had a stranger be so nice to me, some of my mom's family wouldn't even be so nice.

Daveed's POV:

I hear a knock and the door and stand looking in the mirror having finished pulling my hair back for the first half of the show. "Come in." I say turning towards the door. Lin pokes his head in, "Got some news and a couple of visitors for you." he said opening the door a bit wider. Standing with him was a little girl, maybe 9 or 10 years old. "Hi, I'm Daria. I'm your daughter." she says.
My whaaaattttt?!