Chapter 3 - Shopping

Daveeds POV :

I'm Y/N's lock screen, I feel sort've bad for teasing her about it but it was so damn cute. I managed to get Daria out of the theater quietly, without fans and friends and whoever else asking a million questions. "You were AMAZING! I loved the cabinet battles! and what did I miss was so funny." Daria talks excitedly from the backseat. I chuckle, thanking her as I start the car and drive towards my place. I did have a spare bedroom I can very easily turn into hers, right now it's just piled up with shit I'll never use and it's a place I go to write, but the kid needs a room. Arriving home, I offer Daria my hand as she gets out of the car.

Daria's POV:

"I'm old enough to walk without holding someone's hand you know." I laugh, with a slight eye roll. "Mhm. I wonder where you get that sass from.." Daveed says shaking his head but chuckling. "Me? Sass? never." I say as we make our way inside. Daveed shows me around, and tells me where I could sleep for the night. He shows me the room he plans to start making mine tomorrow. "You hungry kid?" He asked falling on the couch next to me, I nodded. "Pizza?" He asks pulling out his phone. "Yes please, cheese." I say with a smile. He orders the pizza and we chat while we wait for it, about any and everything. "Pink and white?" I respond when asked what colors I wanted to do my room in, "We'll go shopping tomorrow then." He said. I nod, "Can y/n come with us?" I ask. "We can ask her." he smiles.

Y/N’s POV:

Waking up the next morning, I had a text from Daveed. He said Daria wanted to know if I could go shopping with them for stuff for her room. Of course I said yes. Daria was going to need all of the support she could get to deal with the loss of her mom and everything, and I feel a strange need to take care of her. More so then usual. And no it's not cause she's 'Hamilfam', she just has so much personality and is such a great kid. I don't wanna see her lose that as she deals with this. Looking up from my phone I notice a chuckling Daveed and Daria making their way towards me. There smiles were identical. I had no clue what they were laughing at but couldn't help but smile. "Hi!" Daria said enthusiastically coming up to me. "Y/N.." Daveed nods. "Hi kid," I said to Daria with a smile, "Diggs.." I say turning back to Daveed and giving him the same enthusiasm he gave me.

Daveed's POV :

I shrugged off the interaction. Stop being awkward, Stop being awkward. You're an actor, you can't pretend you're not into her without looking like a fool? We went in a few different stores. I had gotten Daria some new clothes, the stuff for her room, anything she'd need for a school and her first phone which I'd help her set up later. Sure 10 was young for a phone, but this way she can keep in contact with any friends and family from her life with her mom and with Y/N since she seems to be so good with her. Not to mention most 10 year olds nowadays have phones right? I hope I didn't just make my first big parent fail, this quickly.
A few hours go by, Daria's room is set and she seems ecstatic about it and y/n gets ready to leave after putting her number in Daria's new phone. The only ones there for the moment were hers and mine. Soon it would be filled with Renee, Pippa, Jazzy and the rest of the cast that I know will be more than thrilled to be her honorary aunts and uncles. "Y/N" I said as she goes to open the door, "Yeah?" she responds pausing and turning to look at me. Oh my stars, how is this woman even real. "Thank you.. for the help with Daria and for being there for her." I said. "No problem. I'll see you next week for an official evaluation.. but just so you know, you passed with flying colors." Y/N winked and made her exit.
I should've kissed her. Damnit, why didn't I kiss her?

(Daria's room)