Chapter 5 - You're welcome

Daveed's POV :

Ultimately I decided that Daria would benefit from waiting another week to start school. It probably wasn't the responsible decision, maybe I'm being a pushover. But the kid needs time to heal and I can't send her away that distraught. That night, Y/N comes back to check on her after work and we'd watched a movie before I sent her off to bed. I take a sit next to y/n, alright Diggs, say something. Don't be awkward.

Y/N's POV:

Daveed looked a bit tense. For a moment I consider the notion that maybe it's because he's into me. I know from past interviews I've seen and small interactions that he really is a very shy and adorably awkward guy. So maybe... Ok, slow down y/n. He simply looks at you as his kid's case worker and Lin's little sister. Hah, Lin. I take a moment to wonder what his reaction would be to the idea of Daveed and I together. I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Daveed finally speaks, "I really appreciate all of the help with Daria.. I would be lost without you-.. your advice." He said quickly realizing the gravity of what he almost said I assume. Oh come on y/n, stop with your Angelica Schuyler 'comma in the middle of a phrase' moment, he meant nothing by it I think to myself. "It's really no problem." I smile. "Do you think I made the right decision? keeping her home another week?" He asked. I nod, "She needs time to adjust to her new life. Losing a parent, gaining a new one. That's stuff adults struggle with computing." I respond. "Should I look into therapy? or wait til she's older and see if she needs it? There's so much shit I don't know which way to turn. Am I the fun dad that offers constant distractions or do I try to get her to talk about it?" Daveed questions. "I'd wait and let her open up to you in her own time, unless you notice something that indicates it's bothering her." I said. Before we knew it we'd been talking for hours, literally hours. About anything and everything, from music to our families and more, briefly, regrettably I mention my past experience with Justin and his controlling behaviors. "I'm sorry, Y/N..you deserve so much better than that." He said softly. Oh pity, I hate pity. "Eh.. it's small things to a giant." I decided to joke my way far away from the topic. "Excuse me?" He said with a chuckle, "Recognize you're talking small things to a giant.." I say grinning, "You're quoting my lyrics now?" He can't contain the smirk. Asshole. Beautiful asshole. "Maybe I'm quoting Rafa." I joked. "Oh because Rafa is your lockscreen.." He teased. "About that" I blushed, "I find it hella adorable." Daveed says. "You do?" I ask. Our faces were now inches apart, his lips seem to have almost a magnetic pull on mine. "I find you adorable, Y/N." He says, his eyes never leaving mine. God, look at those eyes. He's so... snap out of it! "I should go.." I said. "Oh.." He says, he sees me out and I feel instant regret. Why didn't I kiss him?

Daveed's POV:

The next day comes, I pull myself together and try to get ready for the day. I had no sitter so I would have to take Daria with me, poor kid is gonna get bored of sitting through the show but what could I do? Rafa had agreed to bring her dinner and check in on her durring the show, he was literally an instant uncle to her. She'd chosen to where a Moana shirt that had lyrics from how far I'll go, I can hear Lin's reaction now. "She looks just like you.." Oak said absolutely stunned along with everyone else at the revelation. I introduce Daria to the cast, she instantly bonds with Jazzy, Renee and Pippa. and Jazzy decides to braid her hair before the show while I sit and chat with Anthony. "This had to have been a lot to take it." He said, "Yeah but y/n has been a big help." I respond. "Y/N? Lin's sister" Anthony asked in confusion. "What about my sister?" Lin asked coming into the room, his eyes falling on Daria's Moana shirt, "Oh daveed, your kid has great taste." He said with a laugh, "I've heard the song ten times on the way here because I thought it was a bright idea to give her a phone." I joke. "What can I say except your welcome?" Lin smirks. I go to get ready, leaving the cast to look after Daria, I trust every single one of them.

Daria's POV:

After dad leaves, I turn to Lin. "We have to get him and y/n together! Will you help me?" I asked quietly, I didn't want anyone telling either of them and ruining it. "Let's do it, D." He responds with a smile. I've only known Lin Manuel Miranda for a short time but even I know he's a genius and now, we have a plan...