𝟙.

Victors Village

Victors Village.

The place Eliza and her family had called home for 18 years.

She felt as if she should be grateful. Grateful she had a beautiful home to live in. But at what cost were they able to live there for?

Survivors guilt ate away at her and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Nightmares never left her alone, hallucinations due to her PTSD and her alcoholism: these were all prominent things in her life.

Her brother, Blade had no one other than Eliza. They were the only family each other had. Blade was only one when their parents were brutally murdered: live on television. Eliza felt as if she was responsible for this tragedy, if she hadn't had said no, The Capitol would have never laid a finger on her family, they would have never left Eliza alone to parent her little brother at age 19.

However, the residents of The Capitol loved the teen mum image, begged to see it even.

From that point on, Eliza was forced to take her innocent brother across the nation. From district to district when tours occurred and even into the depths of The Capitol itself.

That life was in the past. The Capitol had found new targets, victims even and sadly one of them was her best friend.

Finnick Odair.

After winning the 65th Hunger Games, Finnick Odair soon became a Capitol favourite at the young age of 14, leaving 23-year-old Eliza to live life at her own pace and not The Capitols. Soon after that, Finnick moved into Victors Village, opposite Eliza and Blade. As the years passed, more tributes were thrown into the Arena and sadly none from District 4 came home.

This was until Annie Cresta came back, winning the 70th.

Moral grew in District 4 once again but once again, The Capitol was profiting off of children. Finnick was being used and sooner or later it was Annie's turn. The two crossed paths at one point, falling in love and proving there is always light in a dark tunnel- for some, that is. And sadly Eliza was not some, at least not yet.

A year had passed since she has watched District 12s star crossed lovers win the 74th Hunger Games, breaking the tradition of one winner. Eliza knew Snow wouldn't have been happy, he always got his way, no matter what it takes. It was only a matter of time.

For anyone else, it would have been any other day, one to be thankful for even. But it wasn't for Eliza- nor Finnick and Annie, Katniss and Peeta or any other past Victor. No, today was the day they announced on live TV that two winning tributes from each District will be placed in an arena with fellow winners.

Eliza was sat in the living room of her once stunning house- misery now filled the halls, replacing the bright decorations which had once sat. A glass of scotch in one hand and the remote in the other. Her brother, Blade, upstairs minding his own business when he heard a smash, causing him to rush down to his beloved sister.