𝟜.

A few hours later, Eliza woke up from her sleep: it was still the night

A few hours later, Eliza woke up from her sleep: it was still the night. Her head was pounding, partially feeling hung over but it hadn't fully kicked in yet.

Whilst staying in the hotel suite, she hadn't explored what else there was in the building but she knew there was a fire door leading to the roof.

Not caring how she looked, the hungover woman walked to the elevator on her floor and pressed the one above 12, taking her to the roof, hoping the capitol air would satisfy her needs.

"Ever since I met you, there's been something about you that I'm addicted to. you're a drug Eliza Knight and I'm hooked on you."

His words came flooding back.

"You're getting out of there alive. I'll make sure of it."

The ding of the elevator brought her out of her trance, signalling she had reached her destination. A gust of wind reached her exposed skin as the metal doors opened, revealing someone stood leaning against the railing- looking out over the edge, viewing the capitol.

Haymitch

"Didn't think i'd find anyone up here." Eliza spoke, causing the older man to turn his head towards the familiar voice.

"I'm surprised you're still standing after the state I left you in sweetheart."

"Don't. I don't want to hear it, my head kills." She replied as she placed herself next to her old friend. "So this is how it ends huh? My last night before the arena and i'm hungover."

"That was bound to happen princess, don't beat yourself up."

Silence filled the air; a comfortable one. Eliza turned to look at Haymitch, much to her surprise he was already looking. The two past victors stood there, admiring eachothers features: Eliza softly smiled at the man where as he smirked in response.

"You know I'm probably going to die in there tomorrow right?" She spoke, still holding eye contact.

Haymitch stared back in response. As much as he wanted to get her out of the arena, knowing there was a plan, he couldn't guarantee her safety. The taller man pulled Eliza in for a hug, embracing her for one of the last times.

Tear drops stained Eliza's cheeks, not from sadness of being plucked and placed back in the arena, no. Sadness knowing that she will never have known the possibilities between her and Haymitch. Never knowing what it would be like to grow old with someone, at that very moment the specific someone she had these thoughts about was the one holding onto her.

Eliza pulled away from Haymitch, staring into his grey eyes. Her delicate hand cupped his cheek, brushing against the stubble: her eyes darting from his lips, back up to his eyes and repeat.

Haymitch took notice of these eye movements, taking this as a sign to close the space between the two. His larger hands moving, one mirroring Eliza's but on her face, the other embedding itself in her hair. This allowed him to delicately pull her head towards his own, placing his lips upon the girls.

Nothing in the world felt important in that moment, the two ignoring what awaited them tomorrow and only focusing on the present.

The kiss was a perfect combination between soft and rough. Eliza took both hands and placed them either side of his head, grasping for him to be closer. The two pulling apart in small doses, catching their breath before going back in, feeling the hot breaths caress each others skin.

Haymitch finally pulled away, leaving his hands in the same position as before, staring into Eliza's deep green eyes; admiring the beauty in-front of him and appreciating it for potentially one of the last times. Wrapping his arms around his old friend, his lips moved across her skin, working their way from her forehead, to cheek, to neck and then to her ear where he whispered to her.

"I'm getting you out of that arena."

HEYYYY OKAY IM SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN LIKE A YEAR OOPS SORRY XXXX

THIS IS A FILLER BECAUSE I NEEDED SOME CONTENT BETWEEN THE TWO BEFORE SHIPPING HER OFF

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS NEARLY DONE K BYE ILY

word count 659