𝟛.

The interview

The interview.

It was nearly District 4s turn.

Eliza was up before Finnick.

As she finished talking with Katniss
, Peeta and Haymitch she noticed Haymitch signalling with his eyes for her to go to the side- allowing them to talk in private.

"I need you to do something for me, sweetheart, I'll explain the rest later. I need you to say something to Caesar that will create a reaction from the audience. Sad, shocked, angry- anything." Haymitch asked, resting his hands on her shoulders.

Eliza nodded. As she did so, she heard Caesar speaking. "Give it up for Beetee everyone!" Causing the audience to clap as he left the stage.

"And now-" Caesar started,

"Haymitch, give me your ring." She demanded, "Don't ask, just give." Haymitch nodded and handed her the ring from his hand.

"- give it up for our favourite girl, Eliza Knight!" Caesar announced, causing Eliza to strut on stage, waving at the crowd. "Caesar!" She exclaimed. "Long time no see."

"You look stunning!" He replied before turning to the audience, "Doesn't she look stunning?" Causing the audience to cheer.

Eliza took a seat in the chair and turned, facing him.

"Tell me, what went through your head when you found out you were being sent back." His mood suddenly changed, wanting to get the gossip from Eliza.

She turned to face the audience, "You all remember my brother right?" She asked before turning to face Caesar. "He was distraught, having to accept the fact his only family member may never come home again. I had to console him until the moment of the reaping." She finished, causing condolences from the audience.

"I'm sorry you had to leave him behind," Caesar replied.

"Well Caesar, he's not the only person I left behind. Our young star crossed lovers from district 12 arent the only ones missing out on their wedding." She spoke, giving Caesar and the audience a fake sad smile before showing off her hand to him. "We got engaged just the other week, isn't it beautiful?" She asked before showing it to the audience, then the camera so everyone could see.

This caused a reaction alright. Some were crying, some were cheering and some were angry that this woman had to leave before her wedding could take place. The ring was golden with a black square on the top.

Caesar awkwardly laughed, turning back to Eliza, the two of them now stood up. "Any last words to your secret lover?"

She nodded, "To my love, never have I wished to be with someone as much as I wish to be with you. Look after yourself, I love you." She said before fake crying, leaning her head into Caesar's shoulder. "Why me!" She sobbed. "Why do I never get the happy ending!"