Chapter 1

Ciels POV~

I had always wondered if running away would be hard. Turns out it is. I ran through the thick woods to a place where I felt I would be safe. The Antarctic Empire. The only place I know has a law against hurting children. I knew I couldn't get hurt. It was absolute hell back at her old home. Her family was robbed. Held at gunpoint. I remembered it all vividly. Her parents passed out in front of her, her two brothers dead on the ground after being shot in the fucking head. She loved her family. Yes, she didn't see her parents often because they were working but she had a soft spot for her brothers. I felt tears start to well up in my eyes as I ran. A few fell down my cheeks. I wiped them away while slowing down my running. I bent over hands on my knees barely standing after my run. I was thirsty, hungry, scared, lost, lonely. I didn't know what to do. It was hard to think. My mind was going blurry. I felt like throwing up. I'd rather be dead next to my brothers than experience this fuck ton of pain. "Hey, are you alright?" The voice startled me as I turned around and stumbled backward, falling my back catching me. I heard the figure come closer, run? My mind went fuzzy, all I could see was black. I fainted. from what? most likely fear.

Tommys POV~

Phill really only let me go out on rare occasions. This was one of them. I was planning on going for a walk around the town with Ranboo and Tubbo, both good friends of mine. I wanted to make the most of it because both of them had cool and chill parents and my dad was well... King. I understand why he wants to protect me but I also don't. I'm old enough to take care of myself, ill be safe, yes I can cause some chaos now and then but I am mature and there's no need for him to be worried at all. Ranboos dad is cool and calm, and he's royalty as well. King Eret. He was much calmer than Phill. Yes, I love him, but fuck is he annoying. "You shouldn't wear that", "You should cuss less", "Don't act like that" and worse of all "You're gonna humiliate us!". I wish I could punch him in the face whenever he said that. He spent all of his goddamn time with Techno. Techno this Techno that. Fuck him. Just because he's older than me and knows how to fight slightly better than me doesn't mean he's all so much better than me! And Wilbur, he didn't give a shit about him either. Wilbur was just nothing to him. He at least spent some time with me. But Wilbur was all alone, and Techno didn't care about us either. He never sees anything bad in Phill. He's a fucking idiot, Phill is anything but the 'perfect father'! Techno never cared about us in the first place. Wilbur was his twin for fucks sake. He changed his appearance completely, he purposely didn't want to look like Wilbur. They used to look identical! Fuck, the time. I was supposed to meet up with my friends at 07:30! It was 06:25. I wouldn't be on time. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK! I quickly grabbed my brown jacket. It was decorated with many pins I had collected over the years. Some I made, some I found, some were gifted to me. In a quick flash, I fixed my hair. I left my crown on my bedside table, I didn't need it now. I ran through the castle, trying not to hit or run into anyone. He saw Phill talking to one of the guards. That stupid smile of his. "Bye Phill, running late!", I said as I ran by him. "Goodbye, Tommy!", yeah, yeah just you act all innocent. I finally saw the goddamn door. I flew out saluting to the guards. I ran to the cafe we said we would meet up at. I looked down at my watch, 07:01! And in a split second my face bumped into someone. I fell to the hard ground which hurt like abitch. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention", I said as I looked up and saw a familiar face. Ranboo. He was an enderman hybrid, his face half white, half black, green eyes that shined like emeralds, and the other red like bright red rubies. "Oh, thank God it's you!", I said breathing deeply. Ranboo and Tubbo laughed. Tubbo was sweet, yet deadly...He had brown fluffy hair that covered his eyes. Small ram horns peeked from his hair. They were short and blunt. They couldn't hurt a bee. Both of my friends had what I would call immaculate taste in humor. They stopped laughing and looked at me "It's fine, you're only two minutes late this time!" Tubbo said. "Can we just get going I don't wanna be in this dumb crowd with people looking at me constantly!" I sorta whisper yelled. The two nodded and started walking. we were gonna go to Tubbs place. He had a normal family. He wasn't royalty, he was...normal? If that was even the right word. The only family members he had were his mom and his two sisters. It didn't take us long to get there. A small humble home, I loved it. The feeling of a caring family, comfort, happiness... I moved out of my trance as the sound of Tubbos keys jingling woke me up. He unlocked the door and let us in first. Ranboo and I thanked him. We walked in and locked the door behind us. Tubbos mom walked out of the kitchen. "Hello Miss. Underscore!", we waved at the woman. She welcomed us in, her voice was beautiful and calming, it made me feel safe. Tubbo talked to her for a few seconds before we walked to Tubbos room. It was a small room decorated with many posters, drawings, shelves, books that he never read. It was just cluttered with a bunch of stuff. I crashed onto his bed, groaning into his pillow. "You k, Toms?", Ranboo asked. "I'm fine Boo", I said rolling over. "Yeah, sure you're 'fine'!" Tubbo said, I was lying, and they knew, they always knew. "Is it about Phill again, just let him be you have us!" Tubbo added. "You know me too well Tubs", I said smiling. "Just don't think about him we're supposed to have fun!" Ranboo said helping Tommy sit up. "Thank you, honestly,", I said. They were always nice and honest and paid attention to me. "Don't thank us!" Tubbo said. And we did have fun, they enjoyed our time together, didn't spend a moment to waste. We remember every moment together. Even took pictures. We always had polaroid pictures of us together. It was nice. But all that happiness had ended when I heard a small sound coming from my watch. It was time to come home. I never liked leaving, but Tubbo and Ranboo always walked me home. I said goodbye to Tubbos mother and exited out of his house. We walked in comfortable silence. It was nice, calm. We were in front of the door, the front guards knew Tubbo and Ranboo quite well since they saw them constantly. "We will see each other again right?" Ranboo asked. "Uhh, I think? I hope so-" I was cut off by the sound of rustling. All of us including the two guards looked at the forest that was only a few meters away. "Prince Tommy, I advise you to stay behind!" One of the guards had said. Really, 'stay back', oh fuck no, I'm no fucken pussy. I walked in front going towards the woods. The guards tried to stop me but I wasn't stopping here, not now, whoever the fuck tried to hurt my friends will pay for their bullshit-...A kid. A girl, she looked tired, I wasn't going to let the kid just stood there in pain. "Hey, are you alright?", I asked the girl. She turned and stumbled back falling to the ground. shit did she hit her head or some shit. I ran to the girl kneeling beside her. A bloody nose, bruises all over her face and body, she looked tired sleepy, she was gonna faint, was she that scared, or was it from the loss of blood coming out of her nose and cuts. "Hey, kid, keep your eyes open!" I said, what if she had gone into a coma. It would be my fault her family had to go through that. But it was too late. She was breathing slowly and quietly... I'm not letting this kid go...