Chapter 2

Tommys pov~

Here I was. Sitting next to this poor kid, they sleep peacefully. A week, it's been a week. The longest week of my life. They were covered in bandages. From head to toe. I feel terrible. How am I supposed to be taken seriously when I can't even help a kid from my kingdom. They looked wrecked, miserable, sad, broken... The kid was pale-skinned, with short brown hair, their hair stopped right above her shoulders, she was maybe around 5,6, she was light-weighted, malnourished. They were just like me when Phill first found me. What happened to her?

Speak of the devil. Phill walked in. "How's the kid?" Phill asked. "I don't know.", they looked terrible. "Tommy, I think you should let the kid be for a while.". Leave? Leave, what if she wakes up they'll be alone, they've gone through enough. "What if they wake up!" I raised my voice. "Tommy they won't wake up for a while-", "NO, let me stay with them!" I yelled. "Tommy please don't raise your voice at me", and who do you think you are telling me what to do. "Phill, they're gonna wake up anytime soon I know it!" Phill sighs. "Tommy-". A soft groan was heard. We turn to the child. They were awake. I slightly turned to Phill smirking lightly. They fluttered their eyes open. green like emeralds.

They looked scared. I slowly walked closer. "Hello, are you alright?" I said inching closer. I startled them. They jumped up in their bed, they hurt themselves. Shit. "Hey, hey, watch out you're injured!" They whined, tears pricking their eyes. "It's alright I'm not gonna hurt you." "I'm here to help you!" They looked up at me and kept quiet. Phill walked closer to the child. "Are you alright hun, could you use your words?" Phill asked gently, voice soft and sweet. What a prick. The kid opened her mouth to say something but it seemed like the slightest move hurt. I felt bad. I wanted to hug the poor thing. "I'm king Philza, Ill make sure to keep you safe while you're here."

"You're free to ask any questions if you can, could you show me where you feel the pain," Phill asked. They looked calm. They showed to their throat, ribcage, stomach, arm, and leg. Phil frowned, "Can you try talking?" Phill asked. I stayed behind quiet. Who would leave this poor kid alone in the middle of the woods? They paused. "hello-" a sweet voice, sweet like honey. But quiet and weak. "That's good, what's your name hun?" Phill smiled, my hope-filled heart started beating faster. "uh...C-Ciel-" They said, a smile tugged on my lips. "Nice to meet you, Ciel!" They smile and looked up at me. We made eye contact. "Hello Ciel im-" "Prince Tommy". She knew about me. I chuckled. "Have you heard of me before?" I asked. They called me Tommy, not Tom, not Tomathy. But Tommy. "Mhmm, you two are prince and king of the Antarctic Empire, who hasn't heard of you" Both me and Phill smiled.

She is a sweet girl and tried to be as respectful as possible. I feel like I need to protect her. I don't want her to go through any more pain than she already has. We heard the door behind us open. It was Wilbur. "Hey is the kid alright-" He paused mid-sentence making eye contact with her. "Oh, hello little one how did ya sleep?" He asked. Ciel looked slightly intimidated by Will's height. Who wouldn't? She simply nodded and hummed happily. Techno was trailing behind Wilbur, he could be pretty introverted but he'd probably be able to talk to a child. "Houve you been, do you feel any pain kid?" he was calm and relaxed, Ciel nodded. "Everything's a bit off now-" She paused. "As long as you proper rest you should be fine. Speaking about rest, I think you guys should give her time to sleep, it's late anyway," Techno said. He was right Ciel needed sleep. "You're right but she sleeping in my room so that I can keep an eye on her" I turned to her asking for permission, she nodded.

Techno ended up picking up Ciel taking her to Tommy's room. She was asleep in a matter of seconds in Techno's arms. I can't help but feel a gut feeling in my stomach. I turned to Wilbur. He felt the same. What fucking asshole would treat a kid like this. Ciel was gently placed on Tommy's bed, covered in blankets. Techno took a seat next to the bed. "What the fuck are you doing?" "Sitting, someone gotta take care of you three, get some sleep nerd," he said while pushing me on the bed. "fuck you," I said closing my eyes. I heard Wilbur's chuckle "goodnight Tom". My eyes felt heavy, my brain was fuzzy, but I only thought about one thing. Ciel. I'm not letting this kid go...

Wilburs pov~

It was slightly awkward. I watched over Tommy and Ciel. There was something so off about this kid. She wasn't as happy as she made herself out to be. I'll talk to her about it. I'm worried. She is honestly a good kid. But she is in pain, in so much fucking pain. I looked up at Techno making eye contact with him. We didn't have the best connection as adults. But I knew he would protect us well. Why does shit have to be so complicated...

word count: 913