Chapter Five

Location: Class 3-A Dorms
Date: February 12th (three days later)
Time: 3:00pm
Izuku Midoriya's POV:

"How you feeling today Midobro?" Kirishima asked flopping down on the couch.

I shrugged "better than yesterday" I said plainly.

"Dude you said that yesterday too" Kaminari pointed out from the other couch.

Kirishima grabbed the remote and launched it at him "OW!" Kaminari yelled.

"Bro not cool, you know he's going through something. You can't expect him to just be in tip top shape after all that" Kiri frowned.

I smiled "it's okay Kiri, I appreciate you checking in. Anyway how are things out there?" I asked changing the subject.

"Oh yeah, I forgot Aizawa put you on house arrest" Sero said.

Ignoring him Kiri hummed "it's still bad ... I really don't think it's gonna get any better for a while but we're trying" he sighed.

I nodded "yeah well I'm rooting for you guys, I wish I could help though" I frowned.

Kiri waved me off with a small chuckle "don't worry about it, just focus on getting better and until then we can handle everything else" he smiled.

I gave him a grateful nod "got it" I said.

"Okay everyone make sure you have everything, Mr. Aizawa's coming any minute" Iida announced.

Kiri stood up stretching his hand out for a fist bump "that's our cue" he said.

I gave him a fist bump nodding "be careful" I glanced over at Sero and Kami as they stood up too "all of you" I said seriously.

Kami smiled "no need to worry, I'm pretty sure Aizawa isn't going to have us doing anything that dangerous" he said.

"I wouldn't say that" Todoroki said from behind me making us all face him.

"What do you mean by that Todoroki?" Sero asked.

He shrugged "I overheard Midnight and him talking yesterday and they're gonna have us in the city today helping out" he said grabbing everyone's attention.

"The city? B-But have you seen what's out there?! Everything is burnt down and damaged" Hagakure panicked.

"Yeah and have you seen what the streets look like?! There's so much zombies out there along with dead civilians, we don't even know how many people are actually okay and alive!" Uraraka frowned.

"That's precisely why we're being sent out there, we need to save the ones that are still alive and in need of our help" Aizawa said grabbing our attention.

"No disrespect sir but how do you expect us to be able to save the whole city? Japan is huge, where would we even start?" Ojiro asked.

Aizawa sighed "you're heroes now, you're expected to save the whole city even if it seems impossible. And we're only doing this area for now, the other heroes are being sent out further" he explained "I want everyone divided into teams of two, it'll be easier this way so you can have each other's backs and stay focused on the goal. The teams will be up to you of course but make sure you're compatible with this person. So when we get out there I expect all of you to have that figured out, understood?" He said.

"Understood" everyone said.

"Good now let's go" he said.

"Wait but sir- what about Deku? You said he had to stay here for a few days because of- issues, which means we're down one and that'll leave one person alone out there" Uraraka said.