Chpt 1: Percy

TW: Major character death and su1c1de

---

Percy's POV:

This is it.

It's finally over.

She cheated on me earlier today. Surprise, surprise it was with that no-good-dirty-good-for-nothing Will Solace. Poor Nico, he must be heartbroken. Just like after I slowly broke his without realizing it for years and years on end. 

Strange isn't it? That after that annoying veil is removed from your eyes it makes you see the true beauty of things. Make you realize that the things you once thought were beautiful were the ones poisoning everything around you. 

I don't deserve Nico. I guess I'm getting a taste of my own medicine right? After years of tormenting him with being with her, I finally get to feel how he felt once before. I hope he'll be happy and move on from Will. Nobody will truly ever deserve Nico Di Angelo. He's too precious for this world.

But I'm not. I'm just a pawn. Nobody will ever truly need me. It's time to let someone else take the burden. This has been going on for way too long. All those worthless morals I put in place thinking I can't let the burden be passed onto someone else, it wouldn't be fair on them so it has to be me, right? It's bullshit. Pure σκατά. 

They've all abused my service to them. All my sacrifices and they still think that I don't do anything for them. Let's see how they survive without The Weak, Cheating Son of Poseidon.

I took RipTide in my hand before readying myself to plunge it into a place where no one would ever be able to survive. The heart.

That was until desperate banging was heard behind the Cabin Door. I ignored it.

RipTide went deep inside my chest and the gushing blood that pooled out was immediate. As soon as I did, a small body threw itself at me hugging me tight like no tomorrow. 

It was Nico.

 As the darkness clawed at the edges of my eyes, I could still make out the guy I loved looking as angelic as ever. Pity that I would never be able to kiss those plump lips of his, never be able to count the infinite amount of freckles adorning his beautiful face or hold his hands while sneaking out of our Cabins after curfew to go down to the sea and stare up at the stars together.

I felt numb but my hearing was as sharp as ever. I could see the tear streaks going down Nico's face as he pleaded and screamed for anyone to help him. It wasn't fair. He shouldn't ruin his beautiful eyes like this.

I lifted my non-bloodied arm and wiped Nico's tears saying, "Don't cry my little Angel. There'll be brighter days I promise. But I have to go now. My time is up. Tell the sun and stars hello for me will ya? I love you."

Neeks choked out another painful sob. "I-I love you too mi amore!"

I was happy that these were my last words, just as much as his answer.

Then Thanatos' darkness claimed me for the one last time.