Prologue

-IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE-

You dangle your legs over the side of the building, feeling the cool icy wind through your hair.

Traffic flickered by below you as neon advertisements lit up the night. The distant rattle of trains made New York never sound silent and you hated it.

You ripped off your mask, sick of always having to hide your identity with it. You gulped the city air down your throat, feeling nauseous.

Yes, you were Spider-Man.

At least, the public thought you were.

Ever since you'd found Peter's dead body, you had taken it upon yourself to protect the city instead.

The public needed hope after almost half the avengers died and you had to find a way to help somehow.

However, it was getting harder and harder to hide the fact that you were just some random teenaged girl, which is why you did most of your crime fighting at night.

Throughout your life, you'd always been good friends with Peter Parker. You were best friends since around seven and you had always helped him with his science projects.

Obviously, you were smarter than him.

Therefore, it was a simple task to extract his blood from his dead body. Then alter the genes for it to bond with you. It was a hassle and was somewhat traumatic on a personal level but it was worth it for the world.

Your hair whipped around your face as the cars raced by hundreds of metres below you. You sighed, kicking your legs back and forth.

How did Peter always do so well fighting these monsters? He was only a teenager after all? How did he cope with all the stress?

A single tear slipped down your face but you knew you had to stay strong. You were Spider-Man. You couldn't cry now.

To distract yourself, you quickly stuffed your mask over your face and leant forward, falling off the building and enjoying the free fall.

Of course, there were some factors of being Spider-Man that you enjoyed, and one of the best ones was the freedom it gave you to glide around the city at will, and fall from deadly heights that no one else would dare jump from.

As you fell, the wind pressed your mask onto your face, making it feel sticky and stuffy. But, it always did after you'd been crying.

You quickly told yourself to pull yourself together, you had to focus on looking for crime to fix.

You swung through the streets, even stopping to give a little girl a high five. You ran your feet along the pavement, slowing your face just enough.

"Spider girl?" She asks with that young look of curiosity, feeling happy that she knew something the world didn't.

You gave her a wink which made her eyes widen in awe as she watched you swing into the distance.

You grin as you web the buildings but that smile quickly faded when your Spider-senses begin to tingle.

There was a crime in the area.

A team of robbers were attacking a woman in a bank. You could sense it before you could see it, that was just your Spider-Senses.

You swung low through the road towards the bank but something felt off.

Your hands were slowly becoming transparent and so was the rest of your body, sort of like how Marty faded in back to the future.

"Woah, woah, woah!" You say completely shocked, your voice was cracking all over.

The world had began to glitch, changing from nighttime to daytime. Your now invisible hand lost grip on the web and you came tumbling to the floor. You cursed, the tarmac ripping up your suit as you rolled to a stop outside a house.

A bright light filled your vision but it wasn't death, it seemed it was... morning?

You squint, how was it morning already? It had just been night two seconds ago!

Suddenly a wave of nausea hit you again and at that point you just gave up and flopped onto the pavement.

You'd sort it out tomorrow.

A/n- What sort of thing are you guys into right now? And what fanfics would you like written?? :)