Epilogue

In the next week you fought more crime than you'd ever done before.

Now that you were back in your universe, everything felt different.

It was definitely a lot easier stopping burglars and saving cats than fighting inter-dimensional monsters.

The people loved you there more than anything, I mean, the avengers were pretty much gone and they needed all the hope they could get.

And you loved this universe too, it was just, you loved the other universe as well.

You missed your friends more than anything.

You didn't really have friends in your universe, or at least friends that knew you were Spider-Man, or Spider-Woman as the others liked to call you.

You sat in your spot above the pizza place, contemplating life.

The moon shone in the sky, making you realise that the last time you saw a moon as pure and full as that one was when you were with the other Peters.

You sighed, shooting a web across the sky and watching it as it toppled back down hopelessly.

You wished more than ever that you had someone to talk to.

It didn't even have to be a Peter, you just wanted a friend.

It seemed that all the people that the other Peters had befriended had all ended up in a bad situation. Either dead, forgotten or worse, evil. You knew that you couldn't risk putting any of your friends into that kind of mess.

The next day at school, you end up staring at Gwen as you put your books in the locker.

She noticed you looking and gave you a quick smile.

Peter's death had brought you closer together and you wondered whether it was time to tell her.

But, Peter 2 and Peter 3's friends had turned against him. You couldn't risk that.

Still, Peter 1's didn't. There was still a slight chance.

You begin to walk over to your friend just as you felt a sensation crawl down your spine.

It was like the tingle that you'd got when you met the Peters. Maybe it was because they were nearby..

You take a couple of steps backwards becoming aware that it wasn't you who was making you move. It was your spider senses.

You stumble across the hallway, almost tripping over your own feet.

"Y/n?" You hear Gwen ask, but you weren't listening. Not properly anyway.

You find yourself sprinting around the corridor and into the maintenance cupboard, your spider senses leading the way.

You slam the door and lock it behind you, not really processing what was happening.

And, as your senses predicted, a shiny orange spark lit up the dark room, revealing all the musty cleaning equipment that your school owned.

Your heart almost leapt out of your chest.

It must've been Ned working the magic, I mean who else would want you back?

You were sure Doctor Strange wasn't exactly fond of you.

Still, you find yourself shaking as the portal grew, revealing something you'd never would've expected.

More people than you could count stood in the portal, all wearing clothes in a range of colours that were clearly from the sanctum.

When you spotted the Doctor Strange from your universe and the Doctor Strange from Peter 1's universe, you knew it was something serious.

They must all be Doctor Stranges from different universes.

Your draw drops, processing the information.

Wow that was so cool!

"Y/n Y/l/n?" One of the Doctor Stranges asked.

You nod, knowing that if you opened your mouth a stream of awkward questions would fly out and you wanted to seem cool to all these people.

The Doctor at the front continued speaking.

"If you ever want to see your friends again, I strongly recommend you come with us. The safety of the multiverse is at stake."