The Fallen Star

" Why should I continue to live? "

Tanjirou's eyes softened, a soft smile on his face. You kept your sombre expression, despite the tug in your heart to see how desperate this boy was to keep you alive.

" I've been alive for hundreds of years, Tanjirou." You sighed, rubbing the back of your head, " Tsugikuni Yoriichi was my uncle. I was the first woman slayer and the Constellation Hashira. I lived in the dark, loathing myself for harming humans until Tamayo came to help me. Now that she's gone and Muzan has been defeated, what is the purpose of my life? "

The boy placed his hand on yours, squeezing it gently. " Well, I thought...only you and Yushiro could keep Lady Tamayo's memory..."

Your eyebrows knitted, a pained small smile on your face. " She was like a mother to me."

You've stayed by Tamayo's side ever since you've managed to free yourself from Muzan's control when he was temporarily injured by Yoriichi. You were there for her before Yushiro. She was gentle, elegant and smart woman.

You wished you've been faster to reach her before Muzan killed her.

" All right, " you closed your eyes, " maybe I should continue living for sometime. I can't also leave Yushiro and Chachamaru alone, right? " You opened back your eyes and smiled at him.

Tanjirou beamed, squeezing your hand again.

" Thank you, Tsugikuni-san. "

" Please, " you flipped your hand and squeezed his hand, " call me (Y/N). "

| | | | |

That was a hundred years ago, the small talk between you and Tanjirou that managed to keep you going on with life. He was such a young boy, unwillingly dragged into a war between humans and demons to cure his demon sister. A pure soul, who deserved every bits of happiness in life.

" Another person proposed for Yushiro's art to be held in a famous museum just last month, " you said out loud, staring at Tanjirou's tombstone, " there will also be another signing event in two months. Guess people really likes my writing, seeing that my novel is one of the top hit recently. "

You brushed away the leaves covering the tombstone. Nezuko's tombstone beside him was getting dirty again so you made a mental note to bring some cleaning supplies the next time you came to visit. You stood up and smiled at the Kamado's graves.

" I'll come back in two weeks, as usual. See you later. "

Making your way out of the graveyard, you looked up to the sky, recalling the past events and the present you were living in now.

Yushiro started to paint Tamayo's portraits and when the internet came to be, he uploaded the pictures and they went viral. Now recognized as an anonymous painter, he had done many portraits of Tamayo. Really, his love for her still stronger than ever.

And you? You tried out a few jobs such as a doctor, a spy and finally an anonymous novel writer. You wrote stories that Tamayo had told you before, either they were fairy tale or legends. In a way, you and and Yushiro had kept her memory alive for the past years.

The doctor occupation was mostly when a plague attacked Japan, worsened by the wars. The spy role was done during the wars too. During those horrific time too was the time you discovered the existence of another supernatural beings like yokai.