Accident

" Tamayo-sama...?"

The demon woman stopped in her track. You noticed she heaved a sigh before turning to face you, showing the blood on her clothes. At first, you thought it was the latest patient's, then your eyes caught the tear fabric that you recognized made from a stab.

" The patient attacked you." Anger filled you as realization dawned in.

You were already heading down the hallway to the ward, but Tamayo grabbed onto your arm, pulling you backward.

" Calm down, (Y/n)."

" Tamayo-sama --! "

She tightened her grip. " I am all right. It's all right. " The hand placed on her wound was removed, showing the sight of the skin looking unharmed despite the amount of blood on the clothing.

You pressed your lips. " That doesn't excuse that he just stabbed you without a reason I could come up with. "
" He is confused and scared. It was an act of self defense. "

" Act of self defense! " You tugged off your arm from her hold. " He is twice your size, a samurai, and stabbed a woman on sight?! "

" Protecting himself is his top priority. Plague is swiping in many villages, people began to kill each other in panic while hoping for cure." Tamayo said sternly. " Our top priority however, is to make sure that we can help anyone in need. Unlike them, we are immune to illness. "

" What if this happens again? You help someone and they decides to attack you despite your good intention? "

" Then, remember that there is a possibility that they never want to do that. They might be confused and scared. Don't hold grudges on them for that. "

| | | | |

Yushiro cursed his luck. " Great! Second time of having my head being blown! Lightning does strike the same place twice! "

You helped him got into his feet, relieved to see the veins dancing its way out to reform back the head, the healing process already working. While his healing ability wasn't as fast as yours, you didn't see much problem to worry about his injury. In fact, Yushiro was already mumbling curses under his breath as he crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for his head to fully regenerate.

This wasn't the first time accidents like this happened; sometimes they took in unconscious samurais or soldiers and then got either shot or stabbed when they woke up. You remembered punching one out of the daylight because he wouldn't stopped shooting at you, screaming his head off for you to get away. These mostly happened during the wars, so it was quite understandable that everyone were in a state of fear. That one time someone actually pulled out a grenade because he thought he was at the enemy's base; you remembered how you had to pick the bomb and throw yourself off the second floor through the window into the river so it wouldn't blown off the estate.

You looked at Orion, opening your mouth to say something, but stopped at the way he was trembling. The robot stared at you demons with wide optics full of fear and regret, his guns had shifted back into servos. He ran one servo down his faceplate, the other gripping on the metal slab. One of Yushiro's eye had regenerate, and he followed your gaze.

Orion opened his mouth, wanting to apologize, but all that came out was like a choking noise. He couldn't hear you properly calling his name, his windpipe felt tight as if he was being choked yet he didn't even need air. If Cybertronians could sweat, he would probably drenched with it by now. He felt such dryness in his mouth, his chest felt like it was closing up. He felt cold, like the sharp kind of cold.