He's got a plan

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I walked back to my car. Before opening the door I turned to look at the all-girls orphanage one more time. My eyes scanned the tall red-bricked building. Eventually, I turned around and got in the car. I started the engine up and drove away. The pebbled driveway made way for the main road back to Small Heath. I arrived at the house on Watery Lane and parked it right in front of the door. I got out and closed the car door with an easy motion of my hand. I walked through the dark green wooden door and into the living room. "Where did you suddenly disappear off to? Aunt Poll asked as she blew out a cloud of smoke.

(Polly's P.O.V)
Tommy stayed silent while he poured himself a drink. He then turned around to walk to the chair at the dinner table "I visited a friend at the orphanage" he replied and held a venomous tone when he said friend. I quirked my eyebrow up in confusion. "Why did you go there?" I asked him, "I thought you already had looked there with your brothers?". He nodded not looking up from his cup. " had a gut feeling" he replied simply. "And was your gut right?" I asked him seriously as I leaned forward on the table. His eyes looked up at me and nodded. "How do you know for sure, Tom?" I asked him. Yes I also want to find Roe as quickly as possible but it was not the first time we went to the orphanage to see if she was there. Hell, it was not even the second time. "Cause of this" he stated and turned to reach for something in his pocket. I couldn't see what he was reaching for and I stood up to see over the table. Soon enough he had lifted the thing he was reaching for and put it up the table. My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at the object on the table. "Is that?" I asked him with shock in my tone as I sat back down on my chair. He nodded to me as he lit a cigarette "yes, that is Mr. Monty". I grabbed Roe's beloved teddy bear in my hands and squeezed it. "found him in a hallway right after hearing a sound". "A sound?" I asked confused. "Yes. I don't know what or who made the noise. But I am pretty sure that that was Roelynn" he said looking into my eyes. "I couldn't search for her cause I was on my own and I didn't know how many of them there were" he said drily. I could see the pain in his eyes as he dealt with the guilt of not searching for her right then. The Parkers have a big family and they are not to be messed with, especially on your own with no man to back you up. But they forget that we are Shelby's, we are the Peaky fooking blinders for god's sake. I sat back in my chair and took a hit from my cigarette. "I suppose that you have a plan?" I asked him. "Yes, I do" he replied as he lit another cigarette.

He looked back at me "and I'll bring them all to fucking hell"

Published: 9th of Januari 2022