"𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩" - 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭

1.4K WORDS

                ─✧"You think they'll stop me if I pretend to get some food?" you said, scrolling through your phone while moving to lean on Shota.

He hums, eyes glued to his phone while he looked at highlights from the latest Lakers game. Your question wasn't as weird as it seemed due to the circumstance.

It's new years eve and you're at your parents' home to celebrate it with them, but since you felt out of place, why not invite your favorite person over to come bother you until the sun comes up. He was more than happy to be your headache for the new year, wailing through the phone about drinking all of the caprisuns in your fridge.

But, at the moment, he isn't living up to his occupation as your favorite person. A family member gives you a look as they walk by the couch, scrutinizing you both as they waltzed their way to the kitchen. She's definitely about to snitch...

For a moment, he laughs at his screen before he decides to give you a soft side hug. "I can go get it if you want me to" he says, referring to your complaints about being thirsty.

Knowing the rules in your home, the offer makes you lean back to look at him as if he just said the dumbest thing ever.

"If you saw how dry your lips were, you'd offer to do it too" he comments. Looking almost delighted with your stunned expression, he stands up and stretches. "I'll just pretend that you sent me in there on purpose"

"No don't, for real I can't be on punishment at the beginning of the year" you grab his hoodie sleeve, secretly preparing to stomp on his foot if he decides to go through with blaming you.

Although the puppy eyes seem to work, he nods and walks off. But once he reaches the middle of the hallway, in your peripheral vision, you can see him double over in silent chuckles before his blond hair whips his face as he turns towards you. Regardless of you frowning, he sends two thumbs up with a movie star smile.

"I'm going to kick his a-"

"What a handsome boy!"

Your mothers' voice trumps everyone else's chatter and laughs as she beamed about who you were assuming, was your best friend shota. "Oh my gosh..." you sank into the couch, imagining him absolutely bathing in the attention of the multiple women in there. You just know he's getting his cheeks pinched right now.

Of course, your mom has met Shota, years ago. But, she's always very cheerful when she's a bit intoxicated. She became the life of the party once she's had a tad bit too much wine, it was a rare thing for her to do in front of you, but Shota truly loved being babied by your family members.

"No wonder they always talk about you, they did mention that you were a favorite person of theirs" the blood from your face drains as you hear your sister's voice throughout the chatter.

Of course; if not your mother, your sister would be first to tell your business.

Why the hell isn't he out of there yet?

Already embarrassed, you groan and push yourself to make your way to the rowdy kitchen. The first thing you're greeted with is a chest straight to the head.

"Oh I'm sorry, didn't mean to smash your face in" the person chuckles before pushing past you. You considered tripping them but the sight of Shota taking selfies with your cousins takes your attention.