The Waterbending Scroll Part I

"Prince Zuko, I'm sure there's a good reason for the change of course," I attempt to reason. He was fuming.

The prince stops abruptly in front of the door, turning sharply on his heel to face me. "This is my ship. My word is the only word that matters. I don't expect you to understand. Stay out of my way," he practically spits.

Looking away from his amber eyes and towards the ground, I let out a sigh as my shoulders drop. "As you wish."

Zuko storms into the room angrily and I trail in behind him. "What is the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course!" He yells at the person steering, who shrinks back in fear.

I glance pass the man and make eye contact with Iroh who was smiling bashfully, rubbing the back of his neck. I wasn't surprised to see him with other crew members playing more Pai Sho.

"Actually, someone did. I assure you, it is a matter of utmost importance, Prince Zuko," Iroh speaks up, scratching his beard.

I shift my focus to the prince, worried about how he'd react. "Is it something to do with the Avatar?" He asks hopefully, and I only grimace when I see Iroh become stressed.

"Even more urgent," oh lord.. "it seems I have lost my lotus tile," Iroh finishes as he moves a lily tile forward.

"Oh no! Iroh, I'm so sorry! I can help you find it?" I offer, knowing how crucial this was.

"Thank you, Liena, but I've already looked everywhere."

"Lotus tile?" The prince says in confusion which makes me glance at him in surprise.

"You're the nephew of Iroh, and you don't know about the lotus tile?"

Zuko turns on me, smoke coming from his nostrils as his face turns pink, "shut it, peasant."

Of course, this only makes me smile.

"It's for my Pai Sho game. Most people think the lotus tile insignificant, but it is essential for the unusual strategy I employ." Iroh explains and I nod in agreement. This really was an emergency.

"You've changed our course for a stupid lotus tile?" Zuko exclaims in disbelief.

"See, you, like most people, underestimate its value. Just give me ten minutes to check the merchants at this port of call. Hopefully, they will have the lotus tile in stock and I can get on with my life."

Zuko breathes fire up at the ceiling, causing Iroh to smile. "I'm lucky to have such an understanding nephew."

The smoke from Zuko's outburst fills the room quickly. But his tantrum wasn't finished yet.

Prince Zuko punches the table, causing it to break right in half and the two ends to fly upwards. I must've been standing too close, because as one of the ends flew up it smacked me right in the forehead.

Everyone turns to me quickly in concern as a small trickle of blood rushes from the new injury. My mouth slightly hangs open as my head began to gush more and more.

"You're bleeding!" Niko yells out frantically. Iroh, Niko, and the other soldiers all rush towards me to inspect it carefully—fretting over me like a newborn child.

Glancing past them I see Zuko looking completely shocked and flustered.

"I believe you owe Liena an apology, Prince Zuko." Iroh says, as he comforted me. The other soldiers quickly nod in agreement.

"No, it's okay. Head injuries just bleed a lot. It's not a big deal!" I blush.

"I'm-uh-I-ugh!" Zuko throws his hands up in frustration as the medic rushes in—somehow sensing someone was hurt.