I'm back! (Author's Note and Update)

Hello everyone! I'm really sorry for how long it's taken for me to come back to this story. I ended up getting covid a couple months ago. Then I finished the semester last month, which was very stressful. I didn't think I'd make Dean's list because this workload seemed like so much more than previous semesters, which is odd because I always take 4 classes. I finished a kid's book that I was writing with other students at my college, but I unfortunately won't be able to share it with you guys because I don't have the rights to it and most of them are being sent to Uganda and Guatemala(which is super cool!)

After the semester, I rested and then I went on vacation. Vacation is supposed to be relaxing but I hiked so much. I went to Crete, Greece, which is a big change from Michigan. It was amazing! It was my second time out of the country and I just want to keep traveling. I'm a bit too tired to add pictures but I'll list out some places I visited if anyone's interested in looking them up:

Heraklion Port
Matala Beach
Knossos Palace(Crete was home to the first European civilization, the Minoans. This was my favorite)
Spinalonga(island where people with leprosy were sent. More to it than this and it's really sad/interesting to learn about)
Chania
Aradena Gorge(this hike was rough but beautiful)
Marmara Beach(Beach at the end of the Aradena gorge. The most refreshing and beautiful water I've swam in. Bring goggles!)
Spilies Beach
Kalypso Beach(pirates lived here)
Kourtilitiko Gorge(it had fresh water and waterfalls, very very cold but beautiful. Second favorite place I visited)
Seitan Lamania Beach(one of my favorite beaches because of the goats)
Katholiko Monastery(ruins. First established in the 6th century but closed in the 17th due to pirate attacks)

Lots of places and I know I'm missing some. Point is, I've been very busy. Plus, as soon as I got home I got sick(not covid this time). I got home Friday and I'm still recovering.

I ended up dropping the one class I was going to take this summer so I can focus on work, my boyfriend and my writing. I'm back!!! I plan on posting a chapter tomorrow.

Let's do this!

Xoxo,
Miranda
Published: 6/15/22