𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

TODAY WAS LIKE ANY other day , I'd get dress , put on light makeup, my usual business attire and get Damien ready.

Going into his room changing his diaper and putting on his day clothes , I stare at him adoring his beautiful angelic face. That same face I adored bought back secret memories of his father.

I go into the kitchen preparing bottles for him through out the day. Hearing the doorbell ring I open the door and in walks Ms.Cecilia smiling .

"I prepared some bottles so that you won't have to make them , also can you turn on the heater around 3 he seems to get cranky a lot when the heater isn't on I'll get you your money today when I get back from work." I stated grabbing my car keys heading to the door.

"Oh nonsense cara you don't have to pay me , you already pay me too generously." Ms.Cecilia responded waving me off with a smile.

I shook my head.

"No, I will pay, you've helped me through so much so please let me pay you back." I wen to the counter where my purse rested, searching through it for cash.

"Ahhh okay, but remember you don't owe me anything." She responded looking me into my eyes.

"I owe you everything." I responded dearly.

I went back into Damien room kissing his sleeping forehead and headed out.To Ms.Cecilia Damien's father was non-existent. I left little to no talk about him. I sometimes doubted my decisions of leaving him. But I knew all to well bringing a baby into this world with him I could mess things up for him.

I always loved him and I hope he'd understand one day if he was to find me that what I did for was not for me, but for Damiano's safety.

I'd hate the day I'd have to face him. Scared of his guilt, anguish, and his resentment towards me. I was to him dead. Well that's what I hoped he'd think I was. But I knew Niccolo all too well he'd find me.

I prayed not soon. Not ever.

••••

Going into the marketing center I made my way into my office. I was happy and grateful for the job I occupied. I have my degree in business marketing. I remember graduating college then that's when I met him.

Nico was everything I needed in a man.

I missed him, but now our love is only shown in the memories we shared and the embodiment of our son.

"Hey Mara, I just wanted to see what you're up to." James spoke breaking me from my thoughts.

I looked up seeing James was standing in the doorway of my office door wearing his usual navy suit.

"I'm fine James. How was bingo night with the old people?" I laughed, recalling him completely bored out of his mind. "Awful , I lost every round. I don't know why I thought visiting my grandmother in a retirement home would be any fun when all they do is walk around pools and play bingo games that I can't seem to win." He joined laughing with me.

I stared at him taking in his appearance his blonde hair was tousled but still neat , his pink lips were plump, he too is Italian and his icy blue eyes pierced into my light brown eyes.

If it hadn't been for Damien and my unspoken love for his father I would've been took up James offer on a date.

"Mara I wanted to ask you something." He stated at me hard with his icy blue eyes.

"What is it?" I asked masking my face nervously self with a smile. "Me and when I say a few colleagues—a few colleagues are going out for drinks tonight, I want you to come."

"Look, James, I'll have to think about it, I have Damien to come home to so I'm not sure." I responded back seeing his smile falter a little.

"It's fine. How is he?" He asked putting back on his million dollar smile.

"He's fine still getting cranky but Ms.Cecilia knows how to handle him." I played with the rainbow pen on my desk.

James was the reason I found this job and Ms.Cecilia, she was his nanny growing up taking care of him. I trusted James he was always so sweet to me, he was the only guy I let around Damiano.

In fact him and Ms.Cecilia were the only people I only conversed with that got to ever see Damiano.

"The offer still stand Mara. You don't have to decide now but around 5 tomorrow I'll be stopping by to see Damien." He sauntered out my office.

I hummed in response as if he could hear me.

I didn't understand why I waited out on going out with friends.

Maybe I don't like partying? Or I'm just scared that Nico will find me.

The sound of my phone ringing caught my attention. Looking over at my desk I see it's Ms.Cecilia. Quickly answering it wondering if there's an emergency.

"Is everything okay? How's Damien?" I ask a bit frantic. She never called me at work. "Oh cara calm down, I was calling because I was going to let you know a letter came by with flowers." My brows raised in confusion.

"Flowers? From who and where?" I shifted sitting up from slouching in my work chair.

"Hold on let me see....ahh it says 'I will wait out for the words until we meet again bambola', you've got a lover might I say Ms.Kio." Ms.Cecilia raved on the other end of the line.

But I knew all too well that wasn't some secret admirer, it was Nico. My blood ran cold as I knew he found me.

Did he know about Damien too?

"Throw that card away and don't open the door for anybody."

"Is something wrong cara?" She asked concerned.

"I'm not sure, just don't open the door at all okay?" I exasperated, unsure with my own words.

I knew the type of man he was, surely his men had eyes on me. My mine kept swarming with worried thoughts.

That's it i thought. I got up heading to my bosses office to let him know I was leaving early.

••••

okay loves this is what I got so far, if you have any thoughts , criticisms please feel free to let me know. this isn't my first book but this surely my new writing I've did since last time. i want to be able to showcase that a bit more.

I will update this book as soon as possible I'm currently on Christmas break so I'll be sure to publish this book soon.