𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

TWO WEEKS LATER

AMARABELLA AND I TOOK A STROLL into town

AMARA
BELLA AND I TOOK A STROLL into town. It was my first outing. Not with Niccolo by my side, I relished in the freedom of it all.  Niccolo was hiding something from me. I love Niccolo, I do. But us being around each other lately just don't mix. We always seemed to have something unresolved.

His continuing lies caused me to withdraw from any sort of closeness again. He was doing exactly one of the reasons why I left. Keeping me in the dark.

"It's such a nice day today," Bella spoke to herself while pushing Damiano in his stroller. "Yes it is." I took in the beautiful weather. My bag swung against my yellow sundress with each stride I took. I made sure to let my braids down today, I did want to feel cute on our little outing.

I matched with Damiano dressing him in a yellow onesie paired with khaki pants.

The people around town would give us looks. No doubt, me being the main topic. People knew me and Niccolo were exclusive before I left. He flaunted me around at every opportunity he could.

"I know that face Amara, what's wrong?" Bella pointed out with a smile.

I shrugged my shoulders, "your brother, he's doing that thing again." I bit my lip eyeing down the stores I used to venture into. "Doing what?"

"Lying." I answered, quickly and bluntly.

Bella didn't seemed bothered. We stopped at a small restaurant sitting at the outside tables under a patio, Bella faced Damiano's stroller towards us. "Can't say I'm surprised." A waiter came out bringing us waters then our menus.

I sighed. "I just really want him to be honest with me. We were fine until something or someone," I lowered my tone leaning forward looking around then back to Bella. "Dropped something off at the house." I leaned back my seat.

She knew. She knew what was in that box. It was all apparent on her face.

I closed my eyes exhausted from not being able to have anyone to vent to. "I hear you Amara, I do," her hand reaching across the table to mine giving it a squeeze. I removed my hand from her grasp resting it in my lap.

She came around for Niccolo's inconvenience. Why hadn't I noticed it then?  She was there after me and Niccolo's first argument upon my return. Then here, me and Niccolo weren't usually speaking.

"I can't even confide into someone without them knowing already." My voice filled with tinge of sadness. Bella's face contorted into a frown at my tone.