Two

"Wait up!"

George pushed desperately between cramped bodies and tried not to make eye contact with any of the mafia men, he wanted to be alone.

George was loosing sight of the two so he began to run towards the exit door which goes onto the balcony. When he finally made it out to the balcony the American was holding the other man over the edge of a 55 story drop. Was he crazy?

Somehow, this was a sight George had become accustomed to, danger, life threatening and murders but this on seemed to rattle him a bit.

The American turned around and saw the horror or George's face. His grasp tightened around the poor mans neck as he reluctantly pulled him back to safety and dropped him on the floor.

George felt a relief flush over himself and he felt the gaze of the moon ease up.

Both of the boys stood in the moonlight for a second, gathering their lost breath and broken thoughts.

"Your drunk, let's get you a coffee." The American said with still a hint of anger in his voice which seemed to leave his mouth as he spit on the floor, narrowly missing the lethargic man  who lay there.

George rubbed his head and decided to follow the man he knew nothing about back into the casino.
The familiar smell of alcohol, weed and playing cards gave him a high of his own, this was so familiar to George. This was where his life was.

He tried not to get caught up in the feeling as he pulled himself away to follow the tall man who was walking away from him.

To get to the bar they had to walk through the dance floor.

The taller began to push his way through but stopped as he realised George wasn't behind him. He turned around and saw the nervous look on George's face. He saw his hazel eyes panic. As he was looking at his eyes the blonde couldn't help but admire his fluffy chocolate brown hair and clean shaven sharp jaw. The green light of the casino complimented his features very well but within a second the American was snapped out of his trance as he saw George take a step back and his eyes begin to water.

George was drunk and sad, he couldn't just leave him here. The tall blonde took a firm grip of George's hand and began to make his way through the dance floor.

George told himself that the reason for his heartbeat becoming so prominent in his chest was due to the loud music which vibrated through him however George knew that was a lie.

The taller boy struggled to make his way through the tightly packed crowed with only one hand so in the middle of the dance floor the tall boy turned around and lowed to whisper in George's ear.

"Hold on tight, everything will be alright." The man said in such a genuine gentle tone. It was a soft voice. It completely contrasted the one which thundered through everyone who heard it earlier.

The tall blonde delicately took George's hands and pulled him slightly closer. The American placed both of George's hands onto his waist and flashed his flawless white teeth at George before turning around and strolling with ease through the compact group of sweaty people who seem to lack any care or compassion. They are just people, trying to drown out the sorrow of their days, they simply let loose. That's what George tried but every time he let loose something bad happened, it was like a punishment.

The two boys kept walking but walked past the bar and towards the elevator. George was confused until he remembered the cafe a few floors below.