Eight

"Quackity I-"
"George save it!"

George has seen Quackity mad and angry but never this. He almost seems disappointed.

"I should have never got you into this in the first place." Quackity mutters, George decides it's best if he stays quiet because this is exactly why he didn't want to be friends with dream.

Quackity knows.

"What am I going to do with you huh? If Schlatt finds out your done George do you understand that?! I told you to do one damn thing!" He yells.

There is a dark heavy silence which lands over them both.

In this short space of silence George seems to snap out of the haze he has been in.

This is serious.

This has all been a bit of fun to George, he hangs around with friends, goes out, wins money and gets paid. It was never that serious to George but what the hell was he doing, he didn't want to be here, he didn't want to be a part of the mafia, is that what he was? A part of a gang, responsible for deaths and drugs and crime.

This wasn't him.

I mean for god sake, George just made friends with the enemy of the mafia, who happens to want the card counter dead.

"Quackity..."
"No! No George!" Quackity stands up and begins to scream in George's face.
"YOU DONT GET TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF, YOU WILL DO EXACTLY AS I SAY"

There was a brief pause while Quackity gathered his breath and sanity.

"Schlatt is here for one last night, he can't know anything is wrong. We will all go to the casino tonight as planned, you will not speak unless spoken too, you will not touch a single drink and for the love of god you will not speak to dream. You will win the money and everything will be okay tonight."

"Thank you qua-" George began before being interrupted.

"Oh no, George, don't think that you are safe, after tonight you are out, you are gone, I don't know if you will be a liability or not yet, you know way too much and you could be in kahoots with dream for all I know, tonight I keep you safe so I don't lose my life over your dumb mistakes." Quackity yells.

There is a harsh silence.

"I'm scared."

"I know"

After George was home, rested and cleaned up he had decided what to wear, a black suit with a black half buttoned shirt. He didn't feel very colourful tonight.

George realised this may be the last time he is held cooped up inside of a hotel room, bored and unable to leave, it sounds like George is a prisoner but it was just normal to him.

It was his life.

George slowly realised that the mafia wasn't a part of the mafia, they weren't his family, they were using him.

He slowly began to realise that He didn't actuly have anything else, he dropped out of university and he doesn't know where his father is, his mother, well, she's not here anymore, after tonight George will have nothing.

He will also never see dream again, he will never be able to go back into that casino but the worst part is, he never said goodbye to dream, the last thing George is going to do to dream is steal hundreds of thousands of pounds to give to the people he hates most in the world and then leave.

Disappear.

He feels the air in the hotel room get thick so he steps onto the balcony.

Although the sky is completely black, the extravagant lights of the streets down bellow make it as light as day, still though the light of the full moon manages to shine brightly onto his pale skin.