75

The Avoiding game

"Yo Chaeyoung wanna go catch a movie tonight?" Y/n asked skipping into the kitchen where Chaeyoung was making toast for herself and Soobin was sipping on coffee.

"Oh uh," Chaeyoung stammered side eyeing Soobin who was mindlessly scrolling on his phone. "I woulda but i um have to be somewhere." 

"Okay no probs. I'll go with you then!" 

Chaeyoung froze. Now what?

"I-its a private dinner with my family.." Chaeyoung lied through her teeth with a sheepish chuckle. "W-we can go out tomorrow if you like." 

"But you've been saying that for the past week." Y/n slightly pouted. "Fine I'll just force Taeyong into coming with me."

Y/n left the kitchen in a slumped posture while Chaeyoung's heart ached to be lying like that to her best friend.

Y/n stomped up the stairs and looked behind to see if anyone was following her and then immediately dashed into the corner bumping into Huening.

"SHE REJECTED ME AGAIN!" Y/n whisper yelled while everyone murmured disagreements. 

"How long are they going to hide it?" Taehyun asked already tired of this spy business.

"No idea." Y/n hummed sitting down between  Taeyong and Beomgyu. "I say we just crash their dinner date and go 'aha we knew it!'" Yeonjun said joining the circle on the floor.

Y/n slightly tensed up. Neither her nor Yeonjun had brought up their kiss or the question of what they were. Was a kiss driven by emotion to calm her down? Maybe, but Y/n didn't want to overthink it.

"I'm gonna take a shower." Y/n said standing up. "Let me know on how you guys plan on busting them."

"Sure." Taeyong said blowing a kiss to Y/n which she blew back before jogging to her room and shutting the door.

"She's avoiding you." Taeyong stated the obvious looking at Yeonjun who was whistling pretending to not care.

"Is she?" He asked in return with a head tilt.

"What'd you do now Choi?" Taehyun asked smugly while Yeonjun coughed into his fist.

"I kissed her."

The hallway went silent before Taeyong stood up and towered over Yeonjun.

"You what?"

"S-she kissed me back though." Yeonjun said while Taeyong fell to the ground with a hand over his heart.

"Its finally happening! I've waited YEARS, no wait, DECADES FOR THIS!" He exclaimed standing back up and hugging Yeonjun who was confused out of his mind.

"Just so you know I'll let you be my brother in law-"

"TAEYONG!"

"IM KIDDING!"

---

Y/n let out a sigh of relief leaning against her door with her hand over her pounding heart as memories of Yeonjun's comforting words and how his lips felt on hers flooded her mind.