Chapter 8

The day of the task was now. I was terrified, I didn't get much sleep last night but I wasn't tired. I got dressed in my outfit and pulled my hair up in a messy ponytail. I walked out to the common room where my friends were. George comes over and takes my hand.

We all head to the Great Hall. I walk in, people stare at me as I sit down. "You need to eat something." I shake my head. "It won't help you if you don't eat." Harry told me. "I'm not hungry." "Then just take a bite of this toast." "I don't want toast." "Then eggs." Hermione said, she held up a spoon. I took a bite.

She gave me another. Then she put a small pile on my plate. "Eat that ok?" I slowly ate. After half an hour breakfast was over. "Ok everyone let's make our way to the Quidditch field where this first task will take place. Champions must go to their tent and wait for instructions there." Dumbledore said. I got up and walked over there, I hugged each one of my friends. "I love you Heaven. And I'll be watching, I'm rooting for you. So make me proud." George said, I hug him then kiss him, a flash made us pull away.

"So this must be George Weasley." Rests said, I look at him, "Go." I whisper he hugs me again then kisses my cheek, as we get blinded by another flash. Then he leaves. Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore, Madam Maxime, Igor Karkaroff and Mad eye comes over to us. The Ministry of Magic, Barty Crouch comes over. "Ok let's get in a circle. Fleur right here. Black. Oh Black right here. Ok, so let's start with Fleur. Reach your hand in and take one out. It will be the dragon you will fight today." She wonders as she pulls out a green dragon.

"That is a Welsh Green Dragon. Good. Victor you next." He pulls out a red one. "Ok that is a Chinese Fireball. Cedric you next."  He pulls out a silver one. "Ok that is a Swedish Short-Snout." Barty Couch says. "Heaven." I go to put my hand in when I get burned. "Ohhh, that is a Hungarian Horntail." I didn't know much about dragons but I knew this one. It was a ruthless dragon, very strong and powerful. Protective of their babies.

I look at Dumbledore and McGonagall, dear written all over my face. She puts her hand on my shoulder. "Ok well Cedric you are going first. By the sound of that cannon-" Barty Crouch was cut off by a cannon. "Well go!" Cedric looks at us all before stepping out. I hear people shout, yell and scream. Reeta left so she can document everything, Dumbledore and McGonagall left so they could watch, Barth Crouch also left, so that left me with Fleur and Victor.

I was pacing back and forth as they stared at me in concern. Then in no time Fleur went. "Are you ok?" Victor asked making me jump, "No, no. I'm not. I didn't sign up to do this. I-I didn't sign up for anything." He comes over and puts his hands on my shoulder. "Everyting will be ok." He says in his accent, mis pronunciation on everything. I nod, again the cannon goes off so he walks away and out in the arena.

I took out my wand, sending a message to McGonagall through my patronus. She was in front of me within a second. "Professor I can't do this. I'm not ready." She pulls me into a hug as I had heavy breathing. "All of us will be there with you Hun. If anything happens Dumbledore can stop it. Look you can do great magic you are ahead in magic more then any of the others. You'll do great. You know how to do anything. You will figure it out." I nod, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. The cannon goes off.

I take a deep breath. "You'll do great." She says before I walk out, the crowd goes wild as I hide behind a rock. The platform was rocky lots of things to turn into to distract the dragon. I cast a spell as a rock turns into a fake person, I made it look around. Then hide behind a rock. I moved closer to the dragon, keeping eye contact with it, not blinking. I move the fake person to jump out, the dragon breaths fire at it, I throw my hands up making the person jump, then roll behind a rock.

The dragon looks my way as I move a rock by accident, I duck but keep my eye contact on the person. The dragon gets closer to the fake person, I get out behind the rock picking a small rock and throwing it away from me. The dragon goes towards it. I stop whispering under my breath. The dale person disappearing. I was close to the egg when it turned around and saw me. The dragon did a screeching noise and came after me.