Chapter 9- Hot Lead to a Happy Ending

Jaxon

After looking into some leads we found a rather solid one connected to a massage therapy company called Stress No More. A really cheesy name for a business being used as a front for a escort business. They headed over not long after to check it out.

"Ya know, I would think they would come up with a more inconspicuous name or at least something with a more comedic tone." I said as we got out of the car and went to the entrance of the building.

Shawn just raised an eyebrow at me. "You mean something like, Handy Tammy?"

"Hell yeah! Their campaign slogan could be 'There isn't a tool she can't handle' or 'Try our patented Tammy tool box, where there isn't  tool that cant fit.'" Shawn starts chuckling. "If your screw is too tight just add a little bit of Tammy's all natural lube to help ease the way."

"You are a grown child man." He commented as he opened the door.

"And proud of my friend." I said as I followed behind him. Looking around it was quite chic and not at all as cringe worthy as the name insinuates. There is no one at the front desk at the moment but there is a bell on the counter that we use to alert someone that we are here. After a minute a woman in a stylish pantsuit walks out from the back with a smile and greets us.

"Hello gentleman welcome to Stress No More, how can I help you today."

We return her greeting while showing her our badges. "Hello ma'am I am detective Rossie and this is my partner detective Connery, we are here to ask you some questions related to a recent murder." I watch her reaction and although her demeanor didn't change I notice her pale slightly and her smile momentarily faltered before she collected herself.

"While I don't know how we could be of any help to a murder investigation I am happy to help."

"We came across this number on our victims private phone that he used to contact this business the night he was murdered." Shawn pulled out a picture of the victim and held it up for the woman to see. "Do you remember ever seeing this man? His name is Harris Godman." Her eyes widened slightly and she paled even further.

"No, I don't remember ever meeting a Harris Godman."

"Are you sure ma'am? He seemed to have called this place quite regularly."

She shook her head. "I'm sure Detective, I have never met a Harris Godman." She slightly emphasized Harris' name and her eyes darted to one of the corners. I discretely shift my vision to the direction she is and notice the security camera. I catch Shawns gaze to see him nod in understanding.

"Well if you haven't met our victim is there someone here who might have seen him?'

"I don't think so but I am usually in the back, the woman who usually works up here hasn't been in for the past couple of days so I have had to cover."

"Does she ever take any customers or does she just man the front desk?"

"She has a few regular customers but otherwise she mainly worked the front."

"How many days has she been out?"

"She has called in the last five days."