Chapter 8- An Invintation and A Show of Solidarity

Pain, so much pain. Its hard to hear the questions the men are yelling at me and there is no way i will give them any answers. Its only been a few days since me and my men have been taken hostage but it feels like its been weeks. They have noticed i lied to them about being willing to talk in order to save Powell when they were going to drag him away and put him in this same situation, dangling from chains in the ceiling, but as long as Im still breathing I will do what I can to keep them from switching places with me. Although from how much he torture has escalated Im sure I wont be breathing for much longer. My main tormentor approaches me with a twisted grin filled with pleasure from the pain they have inflicted on me the last couple of days.

"So my American friend, it seems like you have decided to go back on your word of talking. Was it all a ploy to try and spare your comrade?" He asked as he lightly dragged the blade of his knife down my cheek. I spit in his face in reply. Frowning, he lifted his hand to his face to wipe the spit from his face and stood there for a minute and looked at it before finally walking away and wiping the fluid off on his shirt.

"Such a shame my friend, I was going to give you an honorable death and kill you quickly but now I believe I will do something far more effective that will not only make you suffer but also get me the answers I seek." He shouted at his men in Farsi. They left quickly to do as he said and I took the moment to try to clam down and serve my strength. My calm didnt last long though as soon as I heard yelling and watched as my men were filed into the room with bags over their heads. They were put in a line on their knees before me.

"Serge!" They yelled in surprise as they looked over my bleeding and dangling form after the bags were removed. I was shirtless after having it cut off when they took the whip to my back.

"You bastards!" Dameon yelled at their captors while the others simply glared which only made our tormentor laugh aloud.

"Oh how touching. You all are so loyal to each other, its really quite sweet but it will be your downfall." He shifted his gaze to my men. "How many of you do you think are going to have to die in order to break your honorable leader?" He got a choir of insults thrown at him but it only seemed to make his eyes sparkle with amusement and make the smile on his face grow wider. He looked at every one of their faces, measuring them up before turning his attention back to me.

"Since they wont give me an answer, tell me Sergeant Rossie, how many will it take before you become a traitor to your country to save your men? Should we start with just killing them off now or should we try to break them first by slowly killing you in front of their eyes?" I stayed silent, not wanting to give him the satisfaction.

"I think Im going to enjoy myself by playing with you for a little longer before I move on to your men." He said after weighing his options for a few minutes. He grabbed a weapon from the table behind him which turned out to be a seven inch blade that gleamed threateningly in the streaks of light filtering through the holes in the ceiling. Leisurely he strode to me and placed the knife against my chest before slowly dragging its sharp edge across my skin, gradually increasing the pressure as he went. I managed to keep silent while meeting the eyes of my men, wordlessly telling them not to break. I was able to restrain my yells of pain through clenched teeth until the forth stroke when one broke free. At my cry my men started to struggle against their bindings but stopped at my command.

Our tormentor once again let out a boisterous laugh. "We have barely gotten started and they look ready to break but you seem to be able to hold them back Sergeant Rossie, truly admirable. Tell me Sergeant, have you told them all about our time together over the last couple of days or have you spared them the details of all you have endured in order to keep them alive?" My men look at me with a mixture of pain and confusion.