Chapter 1: The Weird Acting.

Chapter 1.

"You really need to stop!" I declare.

I stand there, determined to find out what they've been hiding. I know they have Academy stuff, but - after fighting so long with Kota to be part of the team - I am so close now. A month from now I will be tested and then become part of the team. Besides, we are together now, meaning at this point there shouldn't be secrets between us. Yet here they are, communicating with each other through looks they think I don't notice, trying to figure out how to fool me. Not anymore.

"Sang Baby, I don't know what..."

"Stop it, North! All of you! You think I don't know something is happening, but you are so wrong! I feel it. The worst part is I think you know and you still don't do anything about it! Do you even care?"

All seven of them stand up, because I know they can feel the storm that's coming.

"Miss Sorenson. Will you please sit down?" I never noticed the door opening, or Owen coming in with Sean.

"No, Mr. Blackbourne. I won't".

He looks surprised, I haven't called him by his last name since we got together two years ago.

"Sang..." he says, approaching like I'm some kind of snake about to jump and bite him, "I know you're mad. We can figure it out. Let's just sit down."

"Mr. Blackbourne..." Kota hesitates, stepping forward. I know he's about to stop him from telling the truth.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee, but we try this your way already and it didn't work. Now we are trying mine. Sang, please sit down."

I look around the room at all of them. I see scared and anxious faces on most of them, but I also see relief in Gabriel and Luke.

I sit down in the end. They all stand in front of me, and I do what seems like I can do best: I wait.

"So? From the beginning, please"

Sean sits next to me, holding my hand.

"You are a ghost" Kota declares.

I keep waiting, but it seems like he's re-thinking it.

"I know I'm a ghost, Kota. We've been through this before, remember? Two years ago!"

Sean sighs, "Pookie, what we've been trying to say is . . . another member from the Academy who knows about faking papers looked into yours when we requested it."

"Okay. What about it?"

"She found out... something quite interesting." Owen keeps going.

Gabriel sits down next to me too and pulls me to his chest, holding tight. When I look up at his crystal blue eyes, there is something I think I have never seen before, not even when he was half dying in the hospital and we both had to run for our lives.

"What?" At this point I'm almost about to scream "You're weirding me out. What?"

Gabriel looks at his brothers for help.

"Miss Sorenson," Owen starts. "We found out your real mother wasn't who you thought."

"You mean my birth mom?"

"Exactly, Miss Sorenson."

"Keep going"

"Your mother was young when she got pregnant, but she wanted that kid more than anything," Victor says. Kneeling in front of me he continues, "When she lost the baby a day after giving birth something inside her broke." Victor's fire eyes burn me. The wheels in my mind start spinning, but what he is saying seems . . . Impossible . . . Crazy.