Chapter 8: Cracked Ribs.

(I noticed there was a part missing. It's now complete)

The sun light getting in through my window wakes me up this morning.

I put the covers over my head because I want to relax the rest of the summer. I want to sleep. Jonathan left very late last night. We spend the whole night talking about everything and nothing at once.

The sound in the kitchen makes me open my eyes again.

Wait.

I live alone.

I stand up and stare at the door of my room. Someone is inside. Someone is freaking inside!

I look in my room, looking for the bate of baseboll Silas left once here. I find it in my closet and wrap it around my hand. My knuckles get white and pink.

I tiptoe downstairs ready to hit someone with it, and when I come into the kitchen ... there is no one. But still, there is bacon in the pan.

There's a sound behind me and I take my chance to hit the creepy guy and then run for my life, but when I do, he says my name. And his voice is quite... familiar.

"Luke?" I scream when I look down.

Luke's on the ground, curled in a ball with his hands on his side where I hit him.

"Ouch" He whispers.

I get on my knees next to him and touch his forehad.

"Sang. I can't believe you hit me with a bate"

"I can't believe you broke into my house!"

"Break in? I have a key! All of us have keys!" He groans and rolls over only to curl in a ball once again.

"You know what I mean" I tell him " What are you doing here anyway?"

"I thought I'd come by to make you breakfast, Cupcake. I knew you might not agree, but I didn't think you would hit me with a giant wood stink!"

"Oh my god, Luke. It was an accident!"

"Fine" he sights in a dramatic way " I forgive you. But you owe me eternal loyalty. Have breakfast with me"

He stands up and moves awkwardly. He winces with every step he takes.

"What? No. Let me see the damage"

"No. Let's have breakfast together"

"We're not getting breakfast when you're hurt, Luke".

"It will go away in a minute. Come here"

"You're so stubborn. You should let me take a look or go to the hospital,  Luke. I mean it"

And he smiles the way only he knows how to do it: it has something mischiveous in it.

"Sure. Fine. You're right. I'll just call Dr. Green to come".

Clever guy.

"Luke. Luke, I asked for space and you know it. I asked you guys to respect it".

"And I am. But you just hit me with a bate and I'm dying"

"You said you were fine!"

"Maybe I was lying! Who knows?" He takes out his cell phone and dials Sean "Doc, Cupcake attaked me with a bate... Yes, with a bate... Stop, laughing, you idiot. Come here and fix me. Yes, I'm in her house... Okay.... Shut up".

He hangs up and look at me, still smiling.

"You are..." I start to tell him even what he's going to die of when he leans in and kiss me quickly. It's just a peck, but I'm speechlees.