Chapter 5: Indila & Thomas.

Owen texted me their address. He said it was a circus when they found out, and that they wanted to come see me right away. Luckily, Owen told them I needed to do it in my own time. And it's true.

I got texts from the guys, asking if they could be there with me. But I had to say no. It was still hard to look at them in the eyes.

I look at myself in the mirror once again, but this time not to look for my brother's face, or my mom's eyes, or my father's nose... but to look pretty for them. Somehow I want to impress them. I want them to like me.

I have never felt insecure about this since I was fifteen and had just met my boys.

My boys.

Taking a deep breath, I look at the purple skirt and the button-up shirt I use. Gabriel says my style is the student type, but I love it. I put my shoes with a little heel on and take a final look. At last I take my shoulder crossed purse and the keys, and walk out the door to take a cab. I'm so glad I have that job with Uncle, because otherwise I wouldn't be able to support myself.

I gaze out of the window, looking all of the houses passing by, wondering what kind of house they live in. I wonder if they will recognize me when they see me. I wonder if they're as excited and nervous as I am. I beg to God for them to be good people, because he knows I cannot take more crappy parents.

The taxi stops at a fancy house, and after I pay, I can only stand there staring. The house is beautiful: There is a beautiful garden with lots of flowers of different types, and I'm dying to see the back yard. The coloring is a soft cream and it looks just way too nice to live there. It looks like... a daydream.  And yet, I can't move. I feel like I can't breathe, and my hands are shaking.

Oh, god.

Before I can ever think about running away to live with the doubt until I die, the front door opens. A woman with red hair comes out, almost running, with hope and fear in her eyes. She's not too old. She's beautiful with all that shiny hair in the sun. She stands in front of me, breathless.

"Sang?" She asks, insecure. Her voice breaks from the emotion.

"Indila!" A man comes out the house too. When he sees me midway, he stands there and stares in shock. His eyes starts to water up and takes a deep breath.  I'm guessing he's my father. He is a handsome man with blonde chameleon hair, like mine. But my eyes are my mom's.

"Hi" It's the only thing I know how to say in the moment.

Indila Novak and Thomas Novak just stare at me for a second. Then they pull me into this kind of family hug that's awkward, but... It feels good. Indila starts to cry and Thomas starts to follow. They touch my cheeks and my hair, and it doesn't take me long to find I'm crying as well.

"Oh, God. It's really you. My sweet girl" He says.  I've grown out of fearing strangers. It was hard, at the beginning: I felt okay with my life not touching and trusting people outside my boys, but they pushed it. Owen, more than anyone. He wanted me to be free in every way possible. And he did it. I am free now.

Oh, my boys.

"I thought we lost you that day..." She cries, holding me tight.

I can only smile.

"Sang" She cries again, "I'm mom"

I don't think I'll be calling her that in... ever. First, right now they are strangers and breaking that barrier is... hard. Second, it brings me memories of my step-mother, who is now dead.

I think she can see the doubt in my eyes, because her smile falters.

"You have so much to tell us, baby" She says, touching my face. Her hands are soft and I like it. "So much about your life. But come on in, sweetheart".