Prologue

Hallowe'en, 31st October, 1981

A cloaked figure walked gracefully along the quiet road of Godric's Hollow, carrying two bundles in their arms. "Stupid Dumbledore. . ." The figure muttered under their breath. They walk to the door of a small house, holding the bundles closer. The hooded figure knocked on the door quietly, and it opened to reveal a emerald-eyed woman with waist length maroon hair. Upon seeing the figure, she turned around and called into the house. "James, he's here!" She said. A man with raven hair and glasses walked over to his wife. "Please, come in." James said, beckoning the man inside. 

"Lily, will you take them?" The man asked. "Of course." Lily said, taking the bundles. "Follow me upstairs." Lily said, walking upstairs. The man followed suit, and James stood at the base of the staircase. Lily walked into a room that looked a lot like a nursery, and the man stopped behind her. He watched as she gently placed the two bundles into a crib, then a loud bang sounded out from downstairs. "Lily! He's here!" James yelled out, only to go dead quiet with only the sound of a small thud. Lily ran over to the door and quickly shut it. She walked over next to the hooded man, hiding one of the small bundles behind her.

The door blasted open, causing Lily to jump at the sudden sound. An old man with half-moon glasses walked in brandishing an old wand. "My dear. . . You chose the wrong side. . ." The old man said, his voice filled with a grandfatherly tone. He pointed his wand at Lily and muttered something, then a flash of green light, and Lily was on the floor, dead. "Surprising to see you here, Albus." The hooded man said. His took his hood off, and in the darkness, only piercing ruby eyes were visible. "Leave the Potter boy alone." Albus said, his voice growing dark. "Hagrid is coming to pick the boy up to take him to his aunt's house." He continued. 

The red eyes of the other man narrowed and the pupils turned to a snake-like slit. "That oaf! You trust him with something so precious!" The man hissed, not wanting to wake the bundles behind him. "I trust him with my life." Albus explained softly. "Now, I am sorry to cut this short." He continued. Another flash of green light, and the man was gone. Albus walked out, waiting for Hagrid to show up.