XVII

Archer and Harry sit down at the Slytherin table, Archer grabbing her and Harry some lunch. "There you two are! What did Flitwick want?" Draco asked, he and Lilith sliding into the seats across from the twins. "Nothing, just wanted to comlement our work." Archer said, passing a sandwich over to her twin, who, in turn, ate it hungerly. Draco nodded, and Lilith sighed, pulling out her Tarot cards. "What are those?" Harry asked quietly, finshing his sandwich. "These are my Tarot cards. I use them in my practices of Muggle magic." Lilith replied, shuffling her cards. "Muggle magic? Muggles can use magic?" Draco asked, swallowing his bite.

"Not the same magic as us, but yes, and a lot of muggles are very good at it." She said. Draco just nodded and went back to eating. The four finished eating and decided to look around, as they all had free period for the rest of the day. "When do your extra classes begin?" Lilith asked the twins, taking out some sort of charm from her pocket. "Dunno. . ." Harry said, laying his head on Archers shoulder, who was carrying him on her back. The four stopped on a staircase to take a break, and that's when it started to move. "Shit, forgot the staircases move." Lilith said. Harry flinched from the use of language, and Lilith apologized.

The four ran off the stairs onto a platform with a single door. "Let's go through this, before the staircase moves again." Draco said. The group walked through the door, and saw a dimly-lit hallway. "Where'd you suppose this goes to?" Lilith asked. "I don't know. . . But I think we're on the forbiddon third floor." Archer said, thinking out loud. "Whatever, let's just see where it leads, since we don't have any classes for the rest of the day." Draco said, walking down the hallway. The fire braizers lit up as they walked, casting large shadows on the walls and floor. "I don't like this place. . . Can we go back?" Harry mumbled, snuggling into Archer more. "Let's just see what's at the end of the hallway, then yes." Draco said, rubbing Harry's back to calm him down. 

Harry nodded, and slid off of Archer's back. "Can I hold your hand, Dragon?" Harry asked. Archer and Lilith shared a knowing look and went back to walking. "Uh. . . Sure." Draco said, blushing slightly. Harry took Draco's hand and they continued walking. The four reached the end of the hallway, only to find a door. "A door? Really?" Lilith whined. "Well, we have to make sure Harry gets back, he doesn't like it here." Draco said, looking between the two girls. "Fine." Lilith sighed. Then, they all heard a small meow. "It's Mrs. Norris! Hide!" Draco said. Harry tried the door, only for it to be locked. "It's locked. . ." Harry said, walking back over to Archer.

Lilith walked over to the door, pulling out her wand. "Alohomora." She whispered, then she pushed the door open. "In!" She ordered, and they all rushed in. As soon as the door closed, Harry started whimpering. "G-guys. . ." He whispered out, tears threatening to fall. The other three turned around, only to see a big, three-headed dog. Only Archer noticed the trapdoor on the floor. The dog looked up and stared at them, then started to growl. The four ran out of the room, Archer closing the door behind them just in time. "Let's go!" Draco said, grabbing Harry's hand as the four ran out the hallway door. "Let's go back to the common room, please." Harry suggests. 

The other three agreed, and they walked back down to the dungeons. "Devil Jinx." Draco said to the portrait, which swung open and the four walked inside. Lilith flopped down onto the couch, while Archer sat below her. Draco sat down on the chair, pulling Harry onto his lap, who, in turn, snuggled up into Draco's chest. Draco blushed slightly, but started to play with Harry's hair. This act alone made the two girls look at each other, thinking the same thing. "Comfortable, Dray?" Archer asked, smirking. Draco blushed even more, but nodded. Then they all heard the soft breaths of Harry, which told them he was asleep.

The other three just sat in silence, listening to Archer's soft humming and the fire crackling. Lilith was the first to break the quiet air. "What was that thing. . . ?" She asked. "A Cerberus. It guards the gates of the Underworld in Greek Mythology, and Hades, the god of the Underworld, commands it." Archer said, staring into the fire. Draco hummed his agreement. "I've read about that. You're right, Archer." He whispered, not wanting to wake the sleeping Harry on his lap. "But what is one doing here? In Hogwarts?" Lilith asks. "Let's go ask Hagrid?" Archer suggests. "That oaf? Why him?" Draco sneered. "Because, Dray, he might know something about the Cerberus." Archer said, glaring at Draco. Draco threw up his hands in defence, and Archer looked back into the fire.

"Did anyone else look at what it was standing on?" Archer asked. The other two shook their heads. "It was standing on a trapdoor, which means it's guarding something." She continued. "It was something very powerful, I could feel it." Lilith piped up. Archer nodded slowly, thinking. 'What are you thinking, Sssakeling?' Nagini hissed, slithering out of Archer's pocket. Hydrath also slithered over next to Nagini. "I'm thinking, that if whatever the Cerberus is guarding, is as powerful as Lilith says it is, that means that Dumbledore—Who I feel is untrustworthy—Has access to it. And I feel like that isn't a good thing." Archer said, explaining her thoughts. Draco nodded in agreement.

"I agree with Archer. Whatever it is, we have to make sure it's safe from the old fool." He said, looking between the two girls. Harry stirred, waking up and rubbing the sleep from his ruby eyes. "What's going on?" He asked, looking between everyone. "Just voicing our thoughts. Anyway, let's go get some dinner, I'm hungry!" Lilith said, jumping up from the couch, making Archer giggle slightly. The four walked out the dungeons, Archer explaining more about Cerberus and the Underworld.