VIII

The night was quiet. Harry was sleeping peacefully on the bed with Hydrath resting on his chest. But Archer couldn't sleep. She sat in the window, Nagini laying on her lap. Archer stroked the snake while looking outside. Hagrid gave the twins a train ticket for the train to Hogwarts when they had gotten back to the Leaky Cauldron earlier that evening. Archer sighed, and Nagini lifted her head and bumped it to Archer's cheek in comfort.

"Thanks, Nagini. . ." Archer said, looking down at the snake in her lap. Nagini nodded, then fell asleep, and Archer looked out the window again. The night wore on and she fell asleep in the window, Nagini curled up with her. That morning, the twins packed up everything and ran down the stairs to the pub, their snakes hidden in their oversized hoodie pockets. "Bye, Tom!" Harry said, running out the door. "Bye, kids! See you during Summer!" Tom called out after them. The twins ran out to see Hagrid for him to take them to King's Cross Station.

"Hi, Hagrid!" Archer said, her red eyes covered by sunglasses. "Hello, kids! Well, let's get a move on!" Harry pushed his sunglasses onto his face and started following his sister and Hagrid. The morning was sunny, and not a cloud in the sky. By the time the three got there, it was ten-thirty in the morning, and the station was packed. Hagrid got them down to the platforms nine and ten, then looked at his watch. "Blimey! Is that the time! Sorry, kids, but I best be goin'. Dumbledore will be wantin' to see me. Stick to yer tickets!" And with that, he was gone.

Archer looked at the tickets and furrowed her brow. "There's no such thing as Platform 9 and 3 quarters. . ." She said, putting her free hand into her pocket to pet Nagini. 'Of courssse there isss. Walk between platform nine and ten.' The snakes hissed. Archer looked up and looked at the wall between platform nine and ten. Something was off about the wall to her. It seemed to ripple like water to her eyes. She pushed the trolley into the wall and back out, the wall wasn't there. "Harry, come here!" Archer called out and Harry ran up to her.

"Hold onto the trolley." She instructed and Harry listened. She then pushed the trolley into the wall again, this time, she and Harry going in as well. When they got to the other side, the twins saw a shining red steam engine. They had made it to Platform 9 and 3 quarters. A man in a uniform came up and took their trunks to a car near the front and told them to find a seat. Harry put his hand in his hoodie pocket and stroked Hydrath, and Archer did the same, the twins walked towards an empty cabin.

They slid the cabin door open and sat down, taking their pets out of their pockets. Nagini slithered up to rest around Archer's neck, while Hydrath stayed in Harry's lap. The train gave a loud whistle, making Harry cover his ears, then the train jerked forward. The two sat in silence until Harry looked up to his sister. "Sing me a song, please?" He asked, his eyes shining from the sunlight through the sunglasses. "What do you want me to sing?" Archer asked him, not looking up from Nagini. "Um. . . Sunshine. Yeah, that one." Archer smiled. She sang that song to him every night when they were younger.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please, don't take my sunshine away. The other night, dear, while I lay sleeping, I dreamt I held you in my arms. When I awoke, dear, I was mistaken. So I hung my head and cried. 

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make my happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please, don't take my sunshine away. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please, don't take my sunshine away.

"Please, don't take my sunshine away. Please, don't take my sunshine away."

Archer looked up and saw Harry laying down, asleep, with Hydrath curled up on his chest. She looked out the window and saw hills and trees, stretching as far as the eye could see. She took off her sunglasses and closed all the blinds, then took off Harry's sunglasses as well. She laid down with Nagini and fell asleep in the darkness with her brother.