Plans of isolation and family

Scott was, to say the least, missing home, or, more accurately, homes. He wasn't exactly bothered for Rivendell, yes he had lifted it from its foundations and watched it grow, but it felt constricting and like eyes were constantly on him, assessing and judging. He did, however, need the familiar feeling of another world. With his family, not friends he had to practically build. Nostalgia of laughs and a sense of normality, of powers he could control, flooded his brain and buckled his knees. It wasn't as if he couldn't go back, but it had been years, centuries, eons. Long ago did that world and its inhabitants exist fully. They still did, being immortal, yet it was a shadow of something just out of his reach.

The snowy tundra he had found was cold. The specks of ice falling on his clothes, in his hair. It failed to bother him now, after what must have been almost a year in isolation. Scott wondered if the rulers and citizens he left in his wake missed him. If they still regarded him as something worth remembering. He wasn't dead, they knew that, but it wasn't as if they still talked to him. His com had stayed silent for months. A sound he didn't miss, the annoying frequency of buzzing and light, but it showed they had little care left. 

He, had little care left. A numbness brought by the extensive mental strain over the past 12 months. He was satisfied with they new found solitude, come to terms with the fact he was no longer a king, instead a simple fugitive of his own mistakes. He was unable to undo the damage dealt and he had no remorse at this point. Well, that wasn't true. It was there, just deep under the self-hatred and anxiety he now possessed. Gone was the calm, collected; orderly king, in its place, fumbling glass, fragile, easy to break and impossible to repair. 

Tears ran down his cheeks yet no sound emitted from his mouth. A silent agony. Vulnerable and alone, it was as if Aeor was mocking him, miles apart and constantly reminding him of his failures. At this point, with the anguish he most definitely inflicted, he was no better than Xornoth. He had tried to play the part of hero, tried to fix mistakes of those now long buried in the depths of time, repair something those who came before him shattered to dust, restore a bond those who fought and succeeded had little care for. Not like he was one to bother about how the demon was, trapped in the crystal.  Yet it was his life story on a cassette reel wherever he went. Abandon his family, lose someone close to him, then suffer the consequences. It was routine now, it was after he left his loved ones millennia passed.

The tears ceased eventually, leaving an empty nothing in their place. It was nothing new, tear tracks permanently staining his pale complexion, a natural highlight of his internal sorrows. His com had gone off a few times, trades and occasional concern directed at him, mostly from Jimmy, but he ignored it or replied a simple "I'm fine." The news of his departure had caused a flurry of calls and messages throughout the day. He had disregarded them in place of travelling. He was far north, the cold more bitter than Rivendell, no warmth to comfort him. 

He had no plans to go back home. He had made himself this life now, he was going to see it through. However much it hurt, however much he longed to sleep in the safety of his own bed back in Rivendell, no matter how he wanted to leave the world and return to his origins, he refused. Scott knew he would be welcomed with some form of open arms, yet he refused to allow the pathetic homesickness weaken his rationality. It was by far too dangerous, he had come to terms with that months ago.

So here he was, doomed to sit in his own eternal winter as he allowed those he used to surround himself with live freely. Yes, some of their empires were slightly frozen, but it wasn't supposed to spread, it hadn't since he left, he would definitely know, the other Kings and Queens already unhappy he had left.

                                                                 --------------------------------------------

"Are you crazy!"

"No, I'm not crazy, I just think it would be nice to see him again."

"Our brother left years ago, I'm sorry dad, but he will have made a life for himself now."

"I don't care, I want to see him and that's the end of it."

"I get you do hun, but the boys are right, he will have a life for himself now, maybe a family I don't know. If he really needed us, he would have come back by now."

"What if he isn't though. What if he hasn't been fostering his powers properly, what if something has happened. Besides, I think we can all agree we miss and want to see him again."

The room nodded solemnly.  It had been centuries since he  had left their lives and each of them were still revelling in the blow, fractured slightly as parts of their soul were ripped from its place. He was special, a bright spark with personality and care. 

He had been 25 when he left. That was eons ago. They weren't sure how old he would be. It wasn't as if he could die, yet he must be well into his thousands. Time did that, the passage not intelligible from his looks, yet his wisdom. Furthermore, each world had a different way of determining what time was. It wasn't always as simple as night and day, week and month.  

Still, he was gone. They were going to find him

                                                                --------------------------------------

A family separated by circumstances that weren't there, a star fading from their nights, even their days. His flight from home affected them all, they all missed him, yet, until now, they had no idea of where he was. As times change and admins meet to discuss, however, he wasn't so far out of reach.

On a map of worlds, Empires Smp sat circled, neglected as the family left to discuss their plans.

                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter one of the new book. Obviously the text at the end is a bit difficult to tell who is talking. So:

"Are you crazy!" - Fundy

"No, I'm not crazy, I just think it would be nice to see him again." - Phil

"Our brother left years ago, I'm sorry dad, but he will have made a life for himself now." - Wilbur/Wil

"I don't care, I want to see him and that's the end of it." - Phil

"I get you do hun, but the boys are right, he will have a life for himself now, maybe a family I don't know. If he really needed us, he would have come back by now." -Kristen

"What if he isn't though. What if he hasn't been fostering his powers properly, what if something has happened. Besides, I think we can all agree we miss and want to see him again." - Phil

Thanks for reading you amazing lot!