Secrets are so fragile until they are uncovered

Jimmy had never enjoyed mornings, always the interruption to a dream, bearing the bad news for the day. The soft sunlight and gentle songs of birds practically dragging him from the warmth of his bed.

The start of a day was always slow. Wake-up, dress, eat, live your day in perfection as a king. The average days for a man who had never wanted a meaningless title. The blonde had forever favoured those slow dawns, sitting and watch as the darkness faded into light. He never did that anymore, schedule never free of drudging errands and meetings.

So when he awoke to the horrified screams of his people, well, he knew the day was going to be interesting.

                                                              --------------------------------

The portal groaned and gushed, colour and nothingness slightly blurring his vision. Wilbur was so unsure of whether to touch it or to run, the weight of their quest finally crashing down on his shoulders. 

It wasn't as if he didn't want to see Scott, desired to beg him to come back, yet he knew the starborne had a life now. It was a fact he couldn't shake, couldn't deny, couldn't refuse, no matter how hard that part of him tried, pleaded for his brother to drop everything and come back to them.

Yet he knew his brother - more than he knew himself at times. Scott wanted freedom, wanted to explore and learn. Wanted to prosper and thrive. He didn't need the bonds of family in his way. Sometimes, Wilbur wondered if that's why he left, his family nothing but a burden, keeping him trapped.

                                           -------------------------------------------

Snow, snow and more snow. To say his new powers conjured the stuff on a daily basis, that he had lived surrounded with it for years he was surprisingly sick of it now. The cyanette had once looked at the structure he had made in wonder, the ice glittering in sunlight as he watched over his now abandoned shack. At present, however, it was only a reminder of how dangerous he could be, the verglas sharp and unforgiving. 

Yet something broke through those thoughts, something even more concerning. It was like he felt, a shift. A change. Like a bad thing, maybe good, was about to happen. Somehow, his hair glowed ever so slightly, reflecting and turning the blues and whites into gorgeous purples and golds.

Like how it used to be, sat in the pube at night, wondering if things would ever change. Wishing that he could leave, make a life for himself, escape the truth breaking his soul and scattering it into pieces he couldn't fix.

                                                     -----------------------------------   

Phil could sense his son's power flowing through the portal, reminding them ,and Scott, of his former abilities. It made him anxious. The owner may have felt a difference, been alerted that new people were about to join.

Yet, it was calming, to see the particles of stars and space flutter around them like snowflakes, waltzing together in perfect harmony. The blonde was excited to see the starborne again, the dynamic of the remaining members draining slightly, as if Scott guided them through day as well as night.

It reminded the man of when he first found him, hurt and in desperate need of help. No one had seen anything like him, a new hybrid bred from nothing. No indication of past homes, of biological connections. So Phil, being the person he was, brought him up, out of his shell and watched the purple-haired male grow into an amazing person.

Their family was so beautifully makeshift he fit straight in.

Yet this was no time to reminisce on something so far in the past it wasn't worth prioritising over the present. Because, ringing in his ears, was the way to Scott, reunited and maybe brought home, yet that would be up to said son and said son alone.

                                              --------------------------------------

The family walked in together.

                                                 ------------------------------------

In the midst of night, kings, queens and citizens alike lost in the world of sleep, the nature and gods were the only witnesses to an invasion, a family of imperfect perfections glowing and separated into different spawns, waiting to be found by the unfortunate few that found lifeless corpses on the floor, waiting to return to life.

                                                     ------------------------------------

Tommy really didn't appreciate the screams ringing through his ears as he heard the frantic voice of Phil attempting to shush them. He noticed the grass was soggy, the air humid and the soft splash of water from various directions.

Perfect, a swamp, far from what Scott would have chosen.

"Phil?"

"You alright Tommy?" the concerned voice of his father asked, hauling the avian hybrid to his feet, eyes meeting what seemed to be another species. They had gills, head ferns and dressed in simple clothes, murky browns and greens he associated with the surroundings.

                                                         -----------------------------------

This was a sight to behold. 

If it wasn't so concerning two avian he had never seen before were stood surrounded by his people, Jimmy may have laughed, yet he was more interested in the people he didn't recognise, not seemingly tied to an empire, clothes casual and unfamiliar. Plus he couldn't stand the constant shouting.

"Quiet!" 

                                                             --------------------------------

Silence fell like an anvil on someones head, killing the noise and turning attention to a blonde hybrid. He, however, looked different to the rest. He was wearing all green with hints of gold trimming around the edges, gloves sitting on his hands and cod hat on his head. No one else had that. He also seemed to have authority over the others.

Someone useful then.

"Would one of you two mind telling me why you are in my empire," , "No sorry, who you are, then why you are in my empire unannounced." To say he should have sounded angry, the blonde's tone was soft, still mildly threatening, sword in hand and seemingly prepared to attack.

"Yeah sorry about that, I'm Phil and this is Tommy. We are here to try find one of my other son's."

"Other son? As far as we know, no one has any family outside of this server." his expression shifted, more sympathetic, letting his guard down as he talked, realising the two men were no threat but simply lost travellers.

"We have information that goes against that, we looked into it and it said Scott was-"

"Scott? As in Scott Major?"

"Yes?"

A heavy silence hung in the air, tensions rising.

"Follow me." 

The blonde lead them into a simple wood house, empty save a few chests and bed.

"So Scott is here?" Tommy asked, not fully trusting the person sat in front of them.

"He is, I'm not sure he would allow you to see him though. How about we get you a place to stay and talk about it when I know where he is. Did you come with anyone else?"

"Why wouldn't he? But anyway, we came with 8 other people."

"8!" scott has some explaining to do was left unsaid.

"I'll contact the other empires, see if we can find the rest of your peers. For now, I will happily let you stay here. Call me if you need anything." with that Jimmy left, leaving two stunned winged beings to rethink everything they thought they knew. If Scott didn't want to see them, had he fully removed them from his life?

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you couldn't tell, this is going to be in parts with every origin member meeting an empires member. Hope you enjoyed!!