Feelings of hope(love)

And that's how it went for at least the next couple of weeks. Origins meeting Kings and Queens, everyone they could have on the server, bar one. 

It was chaotic. Many of the rulers had sent the origins to cells or had them questioned. fWhip was rumoured to have almost called a meeting to discuss banishment, exile or other things that were too horrific to even be suggested.               

                                                                      ---------------------------------------------

Scott had seen them by now. Seen the arrival messages, seen the conversations, seen the begging and pleas for him to return if only to see his family for another hour, another minute, just so they know he's ok, he's surviving.

But could he?

Could the Elven king walk back into their lives, into his kingdom, into the arms of everyone he's hurt through the years and expect that to be fine? For no wars, or complications, or threats to be hurtled in his face.

He couldn't, was the simple answer. The complicated being that he was scared they didn't really want him back, just wanted proof a successor couldn't be appointed or so his family could leave a place they had no right to be in.

He would rather stay where his ice couldn't hurt anyone (else), where he couldn't ruin landscapes, couldn't freeze buildings until they fell.

                                                           -----------------------------------------

Wilbur was disappointed. He thought they would get to the server, spend some much needed time with his brother and leave. Now it seemed they would have to find him themselves. And he had always been good at that. Hiding in places they wouldn't expect or be able to access without some for of flying origin, sometimes even Phil couldn't reach him for how high he had gotten himself.

And it was no secret he knew they were here, the man trying, on multiple occasions, to get them to leave, but with the help of the Codfather, they manged to remain. The blonde had been extremely helpful, offering them all accommodation that they could use, a place to map and plan their next move, somewhere they felt safe among the irregularity of seeing hybrids they had never come across.

Speaking of Jimmy, the phantom wondered why the blonde was so eager to help them. From his knowledge, the Cod empire and Rivendell weren't close, not like the swamps, ocean and mesa kingdoms were. They hadn't held an allience for long either, not like Jimmy and Lizzie or Scott and Kathrine. It wasn't exactly strange, Jimmy seemed nice enough and willing to help strangers who would most likeyly get themselves lost. 

But it still created questions in Wilbur's head. Like what made him decide to help the family? Or why he seemed to eager to find Scott as well? If he didn't actually care and just needed the Rivendellian king to keep supporting his empire.

So Wilbur decided to ask. He had nothing better to do as they planned and researched where to go on their expedition to find Scott. It was proving difficult; another minute and Wilbur would combust, this was a good way to get himself away from the stress of it all, and maybe learn about Scott in the process.

"Hey Jimmy?"

"Yes."

"Why do you want to find Scott? The other rulers aren't putting anywhere near as much effort as you. Is there a reason?"

                                                                      -----------------------------

Jimmy was slightly taken aback by Wilbur, asking questions he wasn't sure of himself. It wasn't like  he had some secret bond with the cyanette. He wasn't the best of friends with him or his longest serving ally.

Then again, he never had a reason or the opportunity to get close enough to the man. He was always slightly cold towards the Cod hybrid, up until he personalised a date which he took Jimmy on.

And somehow, he had fallen slightly for Scott. It amazes him how he did it, to say he had never really been out much with him, apart from the date shortly after he rescued the Rivendellian from capture. That could have been why. Seeing how the elf seemed to know what he liked, how to make him smile and feel, finally, like he belonged. 

 To anyone else, it would seem unethical. Not for the reason they were two men, or too kings. But Jimmy didn't know Scott like a lover should. Then again, Jimmy was unethical, it ran through his blood. Maybe that's why his attraction grew from out of the blue. A concept that shouldn't have been attached to a person who wasn't deemed to be in the role he played.

Maybe the mystery is what caught his heart.

He supposes that's where it started. Something so platonic turning into full blown attraction. Jimmy could say he never saw it coming, or that he felt slightly obliged after the very personal and well thought out day he had with Scott.

But that would be a lie, wouldn't it? Because Scott was everything and more, he was the world that kept Jimmy alive, the sun to block out the dark and moon that lead him even when it seemed there was no escape from the dark of a tunnel. He had saved him from the wrath of fWhip and improved his country many times after the documents were signed so long ago.

Scott was something to be admired and loved and cherished.

Scott was Jimmy's something that was worth fighting for. Even if it took him every remaining day of his life.

                                                                          ------------------------

"Well, you know him. He isn't the sort of person to accept someone so easily or do something just for the fun of it, or trust someone after one event. But he did that with me? I guess he was the first person to fully accept me outside of family, you know? Not make me feel like I don't deserve my title."

"What about in simple words, not that I don't understand but something tells me there is some form of saying that which is drastically simpler." The two laughed, it was one of the first times after this had all properly started, the paper maps and what not.

"Love I guess." and the hybrid left, allowing Wilbur to brood and dwell on the words. 

He saw it. Saw the determination. Saw the hurt in Jimmy's eyes every time something went slightly wrong. He heard the quiet sobs and saw the resulting tear tracks every time soft sniffles and harsh sobs filled the space of night.

                                                                            -----------------

Wilbur remembered being a young ghost and being in love with a girl. It was so long ago her name was jumbled letters written in youthful prose, something he had prided himself on years ago. He couldn't remember her face, or her voice or anything else. He could only remember her eyes and smile. Two beautiful features he could have stared at for hours. 

And he understood. He understood what falling in love felt like. Even if she was far in the past, she was special, and that's what all lovers should be.

So when they found Scott, maybe it was time to remind him life was worth it, even if whatever made him flee made it feel like it was the polar opposite. Because he had someone who cared deeply for him, who actually wanted him. 

For all his effort, Jimmy deserved happiness. Scott could give him that if he just opened his heart and broke down his walls for once.

                                                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm back!

I'm trying to make all chapters 1000+ words, the edited version is :)