Past and present hold as much semblance as they do opposition

Phil had sighed when his family agreed to travelling worlds to find Scott. He could see the reserved anxiety of Fundy's face as soon as he voiced the notion. He remembered how they always had this joking rivalry of sorts, stealing and grieving each other. It never deterred their bond though. It was upsetting to have seen the fox hybrid without his brother. It was like all the personality and energy had been imbibed from him, leaving a hollow structure in its place.

Phil thought that was the same for everyone.

Wilbur seemed to take the biggest hit out of everyone. Being one of the oldest he was closer to Scott, possibly the closest. It felt as if the starborne told the phantom more secrets than his parents. Phil didn't mind though, the giggly adult always protective of him since the incident with Tubbo and Ranboo. It had pained the blonde to watch his son suffer as his friend left without a word. No one watched him leave but the night air, their only indicator a note:

Hi all,

I'm moving on and out. If you ever need me, my com is always open; follow the northest star

Scott xx

Everyone felt his leave though. Sneeg had no one to prank with, Niki couldn't gossip with anyone anymore, Tommy and Tubbo missed him but had each other, Ranboo was slightly quieter - not that he wasn't already, Jack had no one to complain to, Charlie was well Charlie- he still cared deeply for the starborne however, Phil and Kristin tried to stay positive for their children, but it was hard. 

Scott had been such an important part of their lives, a fallen star of gold, precious and oh so unique. He had always been the stylish one, a robe adorned in gold and sleeves -made from silk- the colours of a galaxy, bright against the dark of night. His purple hair glowed upon touch. Scott had also had this contagious smile and laughter, brightening your day with his charismatic ways and stupidly funny arguments.

                                                             -----------------------------------------

Scott sat with a mug of water in his hand, watching time slowly pass by, the seconds turning to minutes, into hours, then days. He had lost track of how long he had sat, allowing his previously melted water freeze over.  He honestly didn't recall the last time he had drunk anything other than the monotonous taste of water. Scott wondered when he had slept in his own bed, when he had a proper meal, sat in a pointless meeting for hours on end just to be back where they started. Yet he also couldn't remember he had time alone, when fending for himself was something he could do, when he wasn't fussed over by advisors and the people of Rivendell. 

The respite was nice despite the reasons he was forced into it.

                                                               ---------------------------------------

Phil sat with the rest of his family in the pube, wondering how they were supposed to get into the server. It wasn't clear if it was whitelist only or not, so they were going to have to send someone to work it out. As the Goddess of death, Kristin was the best choice to find out.

She came back with news, whether it was or wasn't, she could easily override the code and allow them in. 

So it was happening? They were finally going to find Scott again.  It felt as if time was slowing, not completely at a standstill, yet fatigued enough for them to process that the one thing everyone had wanted, craved, since that morning, the grief, the loss, the worry, it was finally coming to this. It wasn't going to be easy however. 

Apparently, the admin wasn't fond of their relative, something about hurting his sister, yet it wasn't as if they had to talk to them, the only goal was to find Scott. He was a king? They weren't sure, the server name implied it but he could just be a simple citizen living out his humble days. Maybe he had a family of his own, a partner who cared and loved him, maybe a child, energetic, a mirror of the man himself.

                                                              ------------------------

Scott sat alone. In the bitter cold that seemed to have no affect on his already numb body; feelings that had long ago dwindled into a stubborn mess of hatred. He hardly smiled anymore, a business man and King at heart. 

He remembered a time when he laughed and died, the respawn a sour happiness that showed just how much fun and trouble his brothers could get himself and themselves into. He recalled when they would blow something up just for the fun of it, not because he was enemies with someone.

That was long in the past now, however. The proof hidden bellow piles of history, a server still running yet so far forward he wouldn't remember his own home. Time had progressed too far for the hazy memories of golden sun and breath taking night to be clear. The spiral of life had moved without him it that respect, a family and home no longer his priority. Powers he hadn't grasped for centuries, people he hadn't held.

                                              ----------------------------------------

Shuffling and a hushed murmur. The plan was set and whatever resources they would need packed and ready. A quiet sense of dread hung over them though. It wasn't as if Scott wouldn't be pleased to see them but, with being apart of something far more substantial, he may not want random strangers walking round the towns he now called home.

At this point, Phil was starting to rethink everything up until his point. Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe his son was perfectly happy without their sappy and unexpected intervention. Maybe the ways of the past were something he refused to dwell on. 

They still were unsure why he left in the first place. He had plenty to live for, yet he could have wanted more, an adventure. Scott was always one to enjoy flying free of the nest, becoming his own person. 

A beautifully constructed constellation of worth. His value held no limits and his goals always achieved. 

Whether he was still important to his son or not, Phil would be proud regardless, they all would.

                                                      -------------------------------------

Woooooooo! Enjoying the story so far??