Chapter 40: A Big Move

*Mature*

*Ryan's POV*

A gentle tug on my arm woke me up early this morning. I opened my eyes to see Claire trying to sneak out of my grasp. Her eye makeup had smeared during the night, but that was alright with me. I wanted to see her without any of the usual makeup she insisted on wearing, and this morning would give me that chance to see her exactly as she was.

Her eyes widened as she realized I had woken up. I could see the panic flitting across her features as she blurted out, "I'm so sorry I woke you up!"

My smile faltered as a pang of guilt coursed through my heart. Did I make her that nervous that she was afraid of me waking up? I leaned into her and softly kissed her plump pink lips. "Good morning, beautiful. I don't mind getting woken up as long as you're the one doing it."

Claire's eyes blinked rapidly in response, her pale frightened face screaming that she had no idea what to do or say.

I glanced to the digital clock on the nightstand on the other side of her. Smiling, I told her, "We still have a few hours before we have to meet my family for brunch."

"O-okay," she whispered. "I, uhm, I can go home and clean up and meet you there in a bit?"

Shaking my head, a wry smile pulled at my face. "No, I've got other plans for us this morning."

Her eyebrows knit in confusion until I pressed my dick against her leg, letting her know exactly what I was planning. Once realization dawned on her, her big blue doe eyes widened in shock and surprise. A bright blush blossomed on her cheeks as her eyes darted away from mine. "I can shower first, so I'm not gross."

Pulling her tighter to my chest, I brushed a loose lock of hair out of her face. Gently pulling her chin towards my face, I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. "You're not gross, Claire. If it makes you more comfortable, we can shower together before coming back to bed. Otherwise, I want you exactly as you are."

Her mouth dropped open and shut again quickly, shock evident in her eyes. Her hands had been pressed to her chest the whole time, and it made me wonder why she wouldn't embrace me this morning.

Hadn't I been patient with her and shown her a good time last night? I made sure to focus solely on her to show her how much I cared for her. I didn't want her to feel like I only brought her home to satisfy myself, but rather to make her feel as though I wanted to get to know her on a more intimate level. I wanted to make her feel special.

So, why was she so afraid of me still this morning? Why was she questioning my intentions?

"Unless you don't want to be with me this morning," I quietly suggested, unable to keep the disappointment from my tone.

"No, that's not," she stammered. "I just, uhm, no that's not what I don't want. Wait. I mean..." She took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment, her hands quickly covering her flushed face. Refusing to meet my eyes again, she replied, "I would love to do that with you. I just thought you wouldn't want me now that you're sober, and it surprised me a bit."

Confusion smacked me in the face. Now that I was sober? What was she talking about? Did she think I only wanted her last night because I had a couple of drinks? Did she really think those few drinks would really make me drunk? Regardless of whether I was wasted or sober, I still wanted her.

"Babe, what are you talking about?" I asked as I gently pulled her hands away from her face. "I was totally sober all last night when I told you how much I wanted you. When I told you I wasn't going to let you go until you knew you were mine, I fully meant it."