𝐀𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐓𝐄

(𝗒/𝗇)'𝗌 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾

as our shift ended, i realized that i had no form of transportation that i could use besides walking while mike was with me. well that sucks.

"have you figured out where we are going yet?" mike asked.

"nope." i laughed. "do you wanna go to a playground?"

mike chucked. "why a playground? i think you should just go to the hospital."

"trust me, the vibes it gives off are pretty cool." i smiled at him.

"alright, i guess." mike grinned, but then cocked his head as he asked, "do you not have a car?"

i shrugged as i said, "i had one until i lost it. but found other ways to get around, i guess."

"well then we can take my car if you'd like." mike suggested, motioning to his black car.

"alright," i agreed as he led me to his car. it was still very dark out, so his headlights were on. the car smelled of cigarettes and one of those car wash scents.

as we pulled out of the parking lot, mike yawned as he asked, "so why did you want to work here?"

"i had lost all my money a while ago and lost my home in the process, so now i need to make some money to get it all back." i answered, looking out the window at the nighttime suburbs around me.

"oh that's terrible. how did you lose everything?" mike asked, making a left turn. despite his cold shell, mike gave off some sort of sense of security and comfort, so naturally i decided to be honest with him.

"i made a suicide attempt that i had been planning for a while, and i thought it would be successful, so i had donated all my belongings to charity. i had sold my house and car that had been paid off entirely under my name for lower prices for families struggling financially. i don't have any family left, so i didn't have any heirlooms to give away. i made the attempt, but had woken up instead of drifting away into death. honestly the whole thing just gave me a new found sense of self respect that motivated me to keep on going. so i applied for a job that had suited my tendencies, which happened to be circus baby's pizza world. and then i met you." i explained. "what about you?"

"i'm so sorry that happened to you (y/n)." mike apologized, a look of sincerity crossing his face.

"it's alright. i'm doing better now though." i smiled at him through the mirror.

"i started working here because of my dad. he told me something about my dead sister, and how that had something to do with that place. i didn't actually understand what he was trying to tell me." mike sighed, trying to force a smile for me as we pulled into the playground parking lot.

"i'm sorry about your sister." i frowned.

"no, it's fine." he lied somberly, unlocking the car as we both stepped outside it.

"what was your dad's name?" i asked mike.

"william afton. i never liked him though. he was a shitty dad." mike kicked a rock as we both walked over to the swing set.

oh shit.

i dated his dad.

william "vincent" afton was a real shady guy. he was flirty, for sure, but the energy he emitted was as toxic as chemical waste. i had most definitely swooned for his fake charisma, but after he married another woman, i knew he was not the one for me.

william was the person who had actually supplied me with those wine-blood mixtures. he was a passionate lover, and his bloodlust supported my diet. but he had hurt me too many times until i just couldn't handle it anymore.

"i don't remember my dad. he was very disrespectful towards my mom though." i had said.

it hurt me to recall that i couldn't genuinely recall the faces or voices of my parents or siblings. sometimes i would see them in dreams, but their faces were always blurry.

we both had began swinging, and i was much higher in the air than mike was. he was swinging pretty slowly, and had just lit a cigarette.

"hey mike, what's your opinion on immortality?" i asked curiously.

"i could never be immortal. that sounds terrible. i do not want to live that long." he laughed as he exhaled the smoke.

me too, mike.

"what about you?" he responded as he had jumped off the swing mid air, flying towards the sand box with the cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth.

"i think i could manage it." i laughed as i jumped off too.

"what time is it?" i asked as i ran towards the monkey bars.

"7:40," mike answered as i had climbed on top of it. "the sun is starting to rise." he climbed up next to me.

"do you like day or night more?" mike asked me.

"night, for sure. i typically sleep through the day." i had laughed, swinging my legs.

"yeah, i like night too." he agreed as we watched the sky's dark color shift into indigo pastels, gradually becoming lighter but still maintaining the key composition of deep blues.

my eyes stung a bit as the sun had started to rise.
"that's so bright," i winced.

"duh, it's the sun." mike laughed. "do you want me to drop you off at your apartment?"

"yeah," i responded, making eye contact.

we both jumped off the monkey bars and walked towards his black car. mike threw away the cigarette before we entered the car.

at that moment, i had realized that circus baby probably had mike's sister inside of her. that doesn't actually sound that irrational to me. i've dealt with many paranormal encounters, so possession of the robot sounds pretty likely.

of course, i wasn't gonna tell him that. i still don't know him that well. but i feel like i should tell mike at some point that i'm a vampire. but we need to build a stronger relationship first. i cant have another person trying to stake me down like last time.

mike began driving as he asked me for my address. i had told him, and he began driving towards my apartment complex. but the weird part was that i don't actually remember what room number i'm in since i always fly through my window.

we made small conversation. but for the most of it, we listened to the radio station.

eventually, he pulled into the parking lot of the complex. i'm pretty sure one of my neighbors spilled gasoline, because that was the smell that hit us as i opened the car door to leave.

"thanks mike. we should exchange phone numbers or something." i said.

mike agreed, and he gave me his phone number on a napkin that he pulled out of his pocket.

"alright, i'll text you later." i smiled as i waved as i started walking up the stairs.

i watched him drive away before i shifted into a bat and flew into my apartment through the window.