𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐘

(𝗒/𝗇)'𝗌 𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗉𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗏𝖾

as i got ready for work, i anticipated telling mike about what monstrosity i truly am.

there's a high chance he ghosts me like a ton of my previous friends had done, there's also another possibility that he's cool with it? i don't even know anymore.

i was currently wearing pajama pants, and i really didn't want to change. "screw it," i muttered to myself as i just kept the pants on and threw on my hat before shapeshifting into a bat and flying out the window. it's not like my boss is gonna be there to call me out on it.

when i switched to my natural form, i walked inside to see my boss talking to michael. "oh shit!" i whisper-shouted before shapeshifting into a fly. they hadn't seen me, so i can just try to get by as long as nobody claps me mid-air.

i decided to be nosy, so i sat on the ceiling and listened to their conversation. "so how is (y/n) doing in her first week?" our boss asked as he stroked his mustache.

"she's been pretty good, except for when she was wandering around circus baby's stage. circus baby herself is pretty docile, but those other animatronics could've killed her if they got the chance to." mike responded.

i'm not gonna lie, but i feel like one of those spies in those 90's movies while i listened to them talk about me.

"well at least she didn't press charges for any attempted injuries." boss smiled.

"yeah, i guess." mike laughed awkwardly.

"well (y/n) should've been here by now. i'm gonna go lock up. if she isn't here by 1, i'll just deduct from her pay. goodnight kiddo." boss responded as he walked towards the exit and locked the door.

i flew through the vents and into the office before mike did, and shifted back into my casual form. i had sat in that spinning chair, twirling in my comfortable pants.

"how did you get here? boss and i were outside the entrance the entire time." mike asked with a smile.

"i practically just flew in." i laughed, making a pun he didn't understand.

"why are wearing that? if boss saw you he would make you go home and change." he chuckled.

"what are you gonna do? snitch me out?" i laughed, throwing the nearest object at him, which was a box of tissues.

"pftt. you're so weird. honestly, you have a lot of strange qualities, (y/n)." mike laughed as he began checking his tablet, which had recorded the maintenances necessary for each animatronic.

"oh yeah?" i laughed, knowing exactly what he was talking about. freaking out about blood, drinking shady red liquids, strange regeneration, lack of physical pain, having undisclosed factors of transportation, and being able to move quietly and quickly makes me look super sketchy.

"yeah," he smirked as he laughed. "oh, and how's your wound?" he asked.

"all gone, just like i told you it would be." i grinned, spinning in the chair.

"you bend so many laws of nature." mike sighed as i giggled. "i have to perform more maintenances on ballora. if you won't wander around, you can come with me." he added.

"wait really? that sounds fun." i smiled.

"it's really not," mike laughed. "follow me."

"okie dokie."

we crawled through the other set of vents towards ballora's gallery. mike walked over to ballora, and i immediately picked up the same vibes i got from baby. she was possessed too.

i heard a low frequency, but the rattling of mike reaching in his tool box muted it. "wait, be quiet for a moment." i shushed him, listening for another sound. mike looked confused, but rolled with it.

we waited a few more moments until i heard a very faint recognizable whisper: "(y/n)..."

"lora?" i called out in confusion.

"what?" mike whispered.

"is that really you?" i asked, ignoring mike. "i thought you were still alive."

"it isn't safe here. can michael hear me?" she asked with her mechanical vocals.

i looked at mike, who had looked like he was about to pass out.

"mom?" he stammered. "is that you?" mike had asked, which made me realize how awkward this situation is for me.

i'm gonna be honest here: i also sorta kinda dated mike's mom back in the 70's.

"i miss you so much, mike." her tender voice cooed.

"did father—" mike hesitated.

"not originally. he dug me up and threw my body in this suit." she had answered. "i just want to rest." she added with a sigh.

"wait, so if your here, then isn't circus baby your—"

"yes, elizabeth—your sister— possesses circus baby." lora interrupted.

"elizabeth is here too?" mike asked, his voice cracking with emotional pain. "i thought after it happened, she moved on? she's— she's not at rest?"

"no, we are stuck here." lora replied.

"father is like you, too. but in much worse condition."

"he deserves to be condemned to hell after his surge of greed and insanity." lora stated. "i'm surprised he didn't get to you too." she added, turning her head towards me.

"what do you mean? (y/n) wouldn't have even met father because she would be—" mike defended, but ballora interrupted again.

"oh sorry, i thought he knew." she chuckled to herself. oh shit lora. you just put me in an awful spot.

"knew what? how would she have met him anyway?" mike demanded, glancing from me back to his mom.

"it's 6 am, you have to go." lora answered, motioning us to move out. "we'll be back tomorrow."i waved as mike kept questioning me.

"what the fuck (y/n)? what was that?" he shouted out of frustration. "how did she even know who you are? you've never met my mom."

i knew i had to come clean about it all.

"look, you're not gonna believe me, but this is gonna sound really fake." i told mike as i looked into his reasonably angered eyes. "and it's gonna also make you pretty uncomfortable." i added as i laughed.

he didn't laugh.

we both had managed to crawl through the vents and were now in the office.

"i'll tell you once we leave this place. i feel like we're being recorded." i muttered, picking up strange feelings from the cameras.

"then let's go sit in my car." he said as we both sped towards the door. we entered his car as i tried to collect all my words.

"so i'm not who i say i am." i said as i fiddled with my fingers.

"what is that supposed to mean?" mike asked.

"i shouldn't be here right now. i should've been long dead, mike. i'm a vampire, believe it or not. but i can prove it, i swear. but i've been around for a long time, especially in hurricane. so i've met your parents. and being completely honest with you, i had relations with both of them. obviously not at the same time, but—"

i paused with a sigh. i'm just making this all so much worse. this'll easily be one of the most awkward conversations of my entire life.