A Night With Her

"Did we really have to stay awake for this?" I asked the girl beside me in bed.

"Of course! We wait for the countdown and we can spend the first second of the new year together." She replied happily.

"I still don't really understand, I never did this kind of thing before."

"Uh, huh, because you were asleep. Dad and me were in the living room and we watched the clock hit twelve last year."

"....."

"Even if it is just such a small thing, it's really important because of who you spend the moment with."

"So, like right now?"

"Of course. Even if Dad isn't here, I get to spend the time with you."

"I see, I will cherish this moment then." This is another first of having a normal life, so what I said isn't a lie.

"No, not only this but every moment that you experience." She corrected my statement with a surprising suggestion.

"Hey Kiyotaka! One more minute until it hits twelve!"

"Hmm. What do we do?"

"We wait, and once it gets close we can start counting." She looks so happy, I guess I can too. We sit in silence as the clock ticks towards twelve.

"15, 14, 13, 12, 11, " We say together.

"Hey, Chiaki, look here."

"Hmm?"

I kissed her as she turned her head. A cute sound escaped her mouth.

"One." I say

"Hehe, Kiyotaka's cheeky now."

"I learned that from you."

"Really, well that's not a bad thing. I feel kind of sleepy."

"Then rest, you must be tired."

"Ok, promise me you'll do the same next year."

"I promise." 

As she falls asleep, hand interlocked with mine, I hope that I could keep that promise.

A/N

Happy New Years people! It's 2022! Hopefully better than 2021, but we don't know whats going to happen. Anyway enjoy this short story I wrote because otherwise brian744 will create more cursed chapters, which gave me more motivation to finish this. Let's have a good year people, let's keep simping!