New Beginning

Vinny

This morning was even better than what I thought it would be. Too bad Mel interrupted us twice. A cold shower didn't even help. I had to relieve myself in the shower. I got a taste of how she is in bed, how her body felt against mine. Fuck stop! I have to stop. I knew eventually we would be able to get to that stage, I mean it would definitely be a plus, but for now having her in my company is what I wanted. I could tell something was bothering her at breakfast. I was hoping it wasn't about that dick Dr. Parker. I was hoping he was far away from us. I don't like how he followed her. He might have heard that we were going to AC but to know our exact location was disturbing.

I decided on the beach while we were alone in the water to ask her if she was ok. I swam towards Carmen and planted myself in front of her.

"You alright?" I asked. I couldn't help but look at her breasts. They were being held in an orange bikini top with pineapples.

"Yeah, just a lot on my mind." Carmen replied. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for...?"

Carmen let out a sigh. "I don't even know to be honest. I have never been this honest about my feelings before. I'm used to bottling shit up and moving forward like everything is ok. But it's not."

"Is it about Dr.."

"No! Tom is a creep. His karma is happening. I think he was just stalking one of our social media accounts. Like he knew we were going to AC and just led the trail from there. Besides, I am quickly getting over that. He is not important."

"Then what's going on?"

Carmen swam towards me and stood in front of me."I am really happy and it scares me."

I looked at Carmen, "Why?" 

Carmen's eyes met mine. "Because this is a different kind of happy." Carmen sighed. "I'm happy with you, and the way you make me feel is beyond what I could have imagined. Its...I don't let myself feel this way." 

I felt myself smile, "Carmen, you make me feel happy too." I closed my eyes and then began to speak. "I'm not running away from you Carmen. I mean it. I've realized this is something I wanted for a very long time." I opened my eyes. "I never thought this could be and yet here we are in some sort of new beginning. We should just let it take its course." I couldn't believe that I said those words myself.  

"Fuck Vinny."

"What?"

"You say all these great things and damn it..." She leaned in and kissed me. 

When she released the kiss I looked at her. "I meant what I said. Let me take you out on a proper date this week. Maybe we can finally get some alone time."

"I would like that." Carmen replied with a smile. Carmen got closer to me and threw her arms around me. She hopped up to kiss me and a wave came crashing down on us.  We both came up laughing. Carmen kissed me again and then we decided to head to shore. 

Once we were back by out spot, we both laid down on our beach blanket with our towels. Carmen was on her stomach and I laid on my back. She was reading an article from her phone. I rolled on my stomach for her to show me the picture. It was about some new kind of treatment that they were looking for children with cancer.I don't know why it happened but I saw Carmen in a lab coat talking to me about a patient that was in an exam room. Maybe it was a glimpse of the future.

"You alright?" Carmen asked, looking at me.

"Yeah, fine. So where are they doing these trials?"

Carmen continued on with her information. Halfway through the article she received a phone call. I saw the name and knew it was Mrs. Parker.