Rehearsal to the Wedding

Carmen

Mel was lecturing me the next day because I drunk called Vinny and told him I was falling in love with him.

"You what? Why did you do that?" Mel was staring at me. We went out to the diner to grab some breakfast. Megan and Teresa were still sleeping it off.

"Because it's the truth. He told me that he already fell for me, but I could hear the hesitation in his voice. Do you think I fucked this up?" I looked down into my coffee cup.

"Honestly if it was any other guy I would say yes, but I don't think so. I think maybe he has a lot to process, but I mean you liked each other for a while. He is not some random guy you met two days ago." Mel took a sip of her coffee. "But don't bring it up. Let him bring it up. See if he even remembers."

"What if he does and then he changed his mind about us, because I am a freak and using the love word already." I felt like banging my head on the table.

"Stop! Just wait and see what happens." Mel looked at me. "Call me crazy but I think he's the one."

"You're crazy."

"Hey!"

"What you told me to call you...."

"Not the point Carmen. Besides I'm sure if he brings it up you will have an amazing heart to heart about it."

"I also told him I am moving back."

"GIRL WHAT?! You are!!!" Mel just about spilled her water over when her arms went flailing.

"Yes, but I don't know the details yet and it could take me a while. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. I have a life in Italy ya know. A job and responsibilities that I need to take care of."

"Yeah, yeah. I am just happy that you want to come back."

"Yeah, after being with my dad yesterday I realized I am needed here. Who knows, maybe I'll move into the shore house for a bit before I can find my own place."

"You've been living with Vinny."

"That's not the same. I was rooming with him and besides we are together now. I mean I told him I was falling in love with him last night, I don't think it would be a great idea to say let's move in together. I can't move that fast." I took a sip of my coffee. My stomach was growling and I couldn't wait for our food to come out.

"Yeah you're right. I am sure you will figure it out."

Right as our food came my dad messaged me that he was at the hospital. My Nana  Gene was awake and asking about me. I texted my dad back and told him that Mel and I would be over shortly.

I asked Mel if she minded going to the hospital. She was not a fan since she spent so much time as a little girl in them. Her father's mom was really sick and was constantly in and out of the hospital and nursing home. Mel agreed to come with me.

We quickly ate our breakfast and paid. I shot a text to Megan letting her know where we went just in case she woke up and didn't see us.

Mel and I got to the hospital and were both able to see our Nana Gene. She was sitting up in her bed eating jello.

"My girls." she said to us. Mel and I both gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, taking a seat next to my dad.

"Sore, but when these drugs kick in...wooo I feel like I can fly." My nana laughed.She was quirky like my dad.

Mel and I stayed for about an hour before heading back to the house. Megan was awake and we were going to the spa to get some treatments done before the rehearsal dinner tonight.