thirteen. - BETS

your ears perked up at the heavy knocks on principal nezu's office door

"come in!"

"hey nezu, is it okay if we borrow y/n for a little bit?" katsuki asked as he came up to your side and placed a hand on your shoulder. you did your best to try and not laugh at the boy's gestures, so you avoided looking at him and placed your hand on top of his instead.

you noticed from your peripheral that amajiki had been staring at the two of you and that lead you to squeezing the shit out of bakugo's hand to keep from laughing. you scratched your upper lip to hide the smile that inched onto your face while your principal spoke to your friend.

"of course! just make sure the two of you are back in an hour for the next panel."

"thanks sir, see you later!" you told him with a smile.

you never walked out of a room so quickly with katsuki right on your trail. the two of you walked a ways away before speaking up again.

"not gonna lie, i almost busted out laughing too." the boy admits as he snickered.

"nah because you were the main one talking about some 'you better not laugh or imma tear your shit up'." you said in a mocking tone as you followed the boy to the school's p.e. grounds.

"hey, i did you a favor." he tapped your nose again like he did earlier, making you scrunch your nose in response.

he grabbed your hand and interlaced your fingers and before you could question the act, amajiki spoke up behind you.

"so, you lied earlier?" your eyebrow raised at the irritation in his tone.

"technically no, he just asked me out." you lied, hoping he would buy it.

"oh, good for you! um, i guess i'll see you later or something." amajiki plastered a fake smile on his face before walking past you two.

"that was... interesting. you needa work on your instincts though." katsuki let go of your hand before placing it around your shoulder and brining you into him closer as y'all continued walking.

"my instincts are top tier. i was only caught off guard because you were holding my hand." you rolled your eyes and wrapped an arm around his torso.

"careful, or you'll be paying me that $100 soon."

"bruh, speak for yourself!" you groaned and leaned a head on his shoulder, only platonically of course.

"lemme get your opinion on something?" the blonde asked.

you looked up at him with a raised brow.

"okay?"

"what if we drew this out as long as we possibly could? we don't tell the others and let them think that we're forreal-forreal dating for a while," he explained.

you thought about it for a second before laughing to yourself; you knew this boy had some sort of romantic feelings for you that he didn't wanna admit or else he wouldn't have brought up the idea in the first place. but the thing was, you were thinking that there was probably some feelings for him there too that you didn't wanna admit to either. so instead, you just decided to go along with his little idea just to see how long the two of you last before one ended up confessing to the other.

"you're dumb. but yea, i fuck with the idea. it'll be funny as long as you actually don't fall for me," you joked while poking the side of his torso with your finger.

"maaaan, you wish. you want me so bad, i can see it in your face!" he teased back.

"whatever, blondie."

- WORD COUNT ; 611