eighteen. - DELUSION

a few days had passed since you and katsuki bakugo  finally confessed your feelings to one another. you expected it to be a little more awkward than it was but things sort of continued to be business as usual. he'd left to go work out while you were studying for an upcoming test before your attention was needed elsewhere.

"y/n?" you heard a familiar voice from behind you.

"hm?" you answered turning to be met with what seemed to be floating pjs walking toward your direction in the common area.

"can i talk to you for a second?" hagakure asked sheepishly.

"what for?" you questioned her, raising a brow. this girl almost never wanted to say anything to your face, especially when it came to talking shit about you, so what was it that she needed to say now?

"i wanted to ask you something."

"okay... what is it?" you were growing impatient with the girl and just wanted her to go back to doing whatever she was doing before disturbing your peace.

you'd been in the common area working on homework with shoto since you needed help with math; you usually went to katsuki for help but you decided that it would be better to have a quiet tutoring session since katsuki had a tendency of yelling when people asked him for help.

"i wanted to see if we could talk in private," hagakure answered. you only rolled your eyes and sighed before getting up from the table you and shoto sat at.

"be nice." the red and white haired boy sternly reminded as he pointed at you, which only made you snort at his antics.

you followed the invisible girl outside your dorm building and watched as she sat on the front stairs, hesitantly following her before leaning against the railing of the stairs.

"listen i know you don't really like me–"

"yeah, i don't." you interrupted her with a plain tone, just wanting her to get to her point.

"and i know it's because of things i've said and done in the past, but i just wanted to ask if we could put that behind us?"

you immediately felt your face form into a confused expression, looking at the girl like she had asked the most stupidest question you've ever heard in your life.

"why would i do that? you used to talk so much shit about me for no reason, and you still do!" you explained to her.

"it's only because i wanted to be your friend, i still do y/n! i think you're good at everything no matter what it is and you seem so cool to be around!"

you raised a brow at the girl knowing she was feeding you total bullshit and you weren't buying it for a second.

"so i'm just supposed to believe you said all that shit about me because you think i'm cool? right.... okay. i honestly don't give a fuck what you say to get me to be friends with you because it doesn't matter; we are not friends and i am perfectly fine with continuing that. you're trying to stir shit up for some odd reason and i'm not falling for it." you told her how you felt her intentions had ill will behind them and that you wanted no part of it. this whole interaction made you feel weird and didn't sit right with you, like you were missing something that was right there in your face but you couldn't exactly put your finger on it.

"what would katsuki think if he were to hear how mean you're acting toward me?" she asked in a taunting tone.

bingo. that's what this was about all along, the blonde boy that this girl just can't seem to leave alone. 

"what does blondie have to do with anything?" you knew the answer to your own question but you wanted to hear her say it, and for her to hear how delusional she sounded.